Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
Joechianti

Removing lid from LBK

Sadly, there is always some risk involved when removing the lid from LBK.

I made that mistake myself once, and while I had it off, my wife's parakeet, Timmy decides to fly right over the LBK. Knowing how Timmy likes to drop "bombs" all over the place, I panicked and leaned my head over the opening of the LBK, to protect the wort.

Apparently this startled Timmy to the point where he got confused, and he began pecking at my forehead. He got in a lucky shot and nearly drew blood from my right eye, which is tough, since I'm right-handed and use that eye the most.

Well, I ended up wearing a patch for almost a month. My eye is healing up pretty good, the beer is almost ready to drink, and Timmy's funeral was really beautiful.

Perhaps my biggest disappointment was that after having heard so many good things about how wearing a patch could help with losing weight or quitting cigarettes, I had no luck with either one.

Well there's your problem rigth there... you were suppose to roast him...fava beans optional

Guest System Admin

R.I.P. Timmy :evil:

You should have had Timmy stuffed. Then you could perch him on your shoulder and walked around wearing your eyepatch, singing songs of wenches, dead men, and looting!

woooow you wont see that on the FOX news network :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Being on shift, reading this at 3 am the other morning , I laughed and almost fell of my stool...

Your humor gets me going regularly (even before I joined the forums)

~worm

"electricworm" post=303924 said:

Being on shift, reading this at 3 am the other morning , I laughed and almost fell of my stool...

Your humor gets me going regularly (even before I joined the forums)

~worm

I'm glad to hear that. I love to make people laugh. Even small doses of joy are a good thing in this life.

Guest System Admin

LOL JoeC. LOL

Well played, my friend.

That makes two parakeets I know of that share my name.
I've always fancied it a better name for an eagle or an owl. Although, going for the eye-peck, that's macho!

I first looked at this thread because of the title "Removing lid from LBK" Thought I could impart some of my vast wisdom and knowledge! LOL. :charlie:

However, it occurs to me now, you could get a huge number of responses had the thread been titled...
"Removing lid from LBK, now I wear an eye patch"
:cheers: