Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
JerryOnDrums

International Ale first pour

First, the pic: http://imgur.com/PkfhY

Now, the review: it is really, really good! I was pretty surprised, that after going 3/2/3, it was absolutely drinkable and enjoyable. And if my past brews are any indication, this beer will only continue to get better. The brew came out at around 5.5% abv, and was deliciously balanced. It was my first time using hop pellets, and I have to say that they worked very well. There is a light, although not insignificant, hop note, combined with a controlled maltiness that really just makes for a great drink. The only brew I'd place above this would be the Jamaican Mon I did a while back.

So, in case anyone is wondering, the International is a balanced and thoroughly enjoyable brew, and I would recommend it whole-heartedly.

Gotta love it when a plan comes together. It seems to taste better too when you make it yourself. Thanks for the review. :stout:

Thanks for the review. I've been thinking about adding this to the pipeline.

I am about to order this recipe, I am curious as to how you went about doing the hop addition. At flameout and let them steep for a bit, or dry hop during fermentation?