Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
RickBeer

Vinator questions

I got the Vinator for Christmas. Used it for the first time yesterday. Found what many do, that it appears the spring is too long and needs to be trimmed. Will go back and read things I found on that, I recall people cut 2 rounds of the spring out. In doing 24 bottles the spring actually cut into the plastic base ring just a bit, so this is clearly an issue.

Second issue I found in using it (on the counter, my economy bottle tree can't take it on top) was that when I push down the liquid both comes up into the bottle and also just outside the bottle, ending up getting all over the counter. My son, the engineer, seems to think that if I drilled several small holes on the rim outside that area with a small bit it would relieve the pressure and eliminate the problem while still working fine. I will first cut the spring and see if that impacts it, then I will try using the bottom piece that I don't use as a "shield" as was mentioned in another post.

Other thoughts from Vinator users?

Didn't intend for this to be in MUG, picked the wrong one of the drop down...

Mine came with "vent Holes" and I like a little splash around the lip of the bottle as it sanitizes that as well.

Here's pics of mine, only vent holes are where the prongs fit through to slide it up.

[attachment=10223]20130103_114141.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=10224]20130103_114235.jpg[/attachment]

A darth vator type mask they use while brewing. Usually worn in the dark.