Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
Benn

Had to move the Mr. Beer

:chug:

So i had to move the keg to another house do to me moving. during transit some of what i assume is the yeast has stuck to the side a little above the wort. is this a problem and if so how can i fix it? I'd hate to scrap it becouse it is my first batch and it was coming along so well!

thanks, i'm sure it got stirred a littl but not too bad. i'm gonna give it some settling time and see what happens

Like the others said, I wouldn't worry about it. But out of curiosity, how long into the fermentation was the batch when you had to move the keg?

There is nothing you can do about it regardless, you don't open the keg and scrape anything. If it's brown and looks dried, it's just the krausen that you probably didn't notice before.

Guest System Admin

"Benn" post=313364 said:

about a week and a half

That may have just been the bathtub ring left over from high krausen (the point where the foaming reached its peak).

It was probably there all the time and you just didn't see it until you looked so carefully after moving.

Nothing to worry about. Let it ferment three weeks then bottle carb/ condition for another 4 weeks, fridge for a couple days, pop the top and enjoy your home brew.