Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
BrowncoatMal

Dry hopping a Dubbel?

Hi!

I know is not particularly in the style of a traditional Dubbel to dry hop, but I was just curious if anyone has done it. And if so what hops are recommended.

This Dubbel was from a Brooklyn Beer refill kit I got on the cheap at Bevmo. All gain. Its been in the keg about 2 weeks. Styrian golding hops came with the kit for the boil.

I have to ask you what you're going for in the dry hop - aroma? If so, what kind of aroma - citrus, floral, spice? ....your answers will affect what hops you should use.

Also, I'm doing a Bourbon Dubbel now, and I 'm using only Styrian hops, since they are true to the style.

Never had one of these, but my guess is... Styrian... if your staying true to the brew.

Styrians are a great choice in a dubbel, and I will add them as a late addition to get some earthy background notes into the beer. But I've never dry hopped any kind of Belgian.

I used to do this back in high school when I was dating Mary Jane Rottencrotch. Good times! Don't know why your on a beer forum asking about dry hump.......WHAT........OHHHHH.........dry hopping........sorry.......my bad...... :blush:

Guest System Admin

"k9dude" post=316085 said:

I used to do this back in high school when I was dating Mary Jane Rottencrotch. Good times! Don't know why your on a beer forum asking about dry hump.......WHAT........OHHHHH.........dry hopping........sorry.......my bad...... :blush:

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!

I'ma pissing my pants laughing!