Mr.Beer Community

I watched Utah beat the hell out of Pitt in the Fiesta Bowl with a bunch of Utah fans in a Waikiki bar….does that count? ;)

We used too have a major contributor BPGreen that was from Utah. After he won BORG MOM here and brewer of the month on Mr Beer fans in the same month he disappeared....... :think:

Personnaly I believe by winning both of these distinguished awards in the same month he opened some kind of rift in the time space continuum that sucked him into some kind of intersteller brewing dimension.

Of course he could have just stopped brewing. But I like the other idea better!! ;)

I from Las Vegas of which Utah is a suburb! So we're kinda like neighbors.

"pghFred" post=320711 said:

I watched Utah beat the hell out of Pitt in the Fiesta Bowl with a bunch of Utah fans in a Waikiki bar….does that count? ;)

Anyone that is a Utes fan, is a fan of me! So yes, that counts :chug:

"k9dude" post=320714 said:

We used too have a major contributor BPGreen that was from Utah. After he won BORG MOM here and brewer of the month on Mr Beer fans in the same month he disappeared....... :think:

Personnaly I believe by winning both of these distinguished awards in the same month he opened some kind of rift in the time space continuum that sucked him into some kind of intersteller brewing dimension.

Of course he could have just stopped brewing. But I like the other idea better!! ;)

Curious as to how you become "BORG mom" and "brewer of the month" from a website?

"Beernoob23" post=320722 said:

"k9dude" post=320714 said:

Curious as to how you become "BORG mom" and "brewer of the month" from a website?

Can't speak for the "other" site but here's the thread from out last vote:

http://community.mrbeer.com/forum/12-community-drain-pipe/315840-january-borg-mom-voting-thread

We have a thread where the BORG nominates and seconds members that they deem worthy. Then we vote as shown in the above thread!

Past BORG MOMs

YankeeDag
FedoraDave
BPGreen
Mashini (Named BORG MOY, member of the year)
ScrewyBrewer
Russki
Swenocha
JoeChianti
and the BORG MOM for January, Inkleg.

It's just something we do for fun to show our appreciation to the member's that help us make better beer. Stick around Beernoob23 and pass on the nuggets of brewing knowledge you gain and who know's you could be the one to replace Mashini as BORG MOY at the end of the year!!

I thought we had also heard from some other folks in Utah. I have a few business trips per year to Salt Lake City. I just got back from one, although the subfreezing temperatures limited my visits to the fine local brewpubs. Unfortunately, I don't think I would be able to get samples from my LBK through TSA security.

I know it is kind of an old topic, But I just got a kit for fathers day! I live up in Syracuse, but work downtown in Salt Lake. Actually surprised i found a Utah topic.

I was near Zion a few years ago and had Polygamy Porter. I did not make that up and it was quite tasty!

On January 16, 2013 at 6:54 PM, k9dude said:

I know this is necroposting, but I searched my username and . . .

I used to be very active here, but stopped visiting and posting for a variety of reasons.

I'm not sure how active I'll be in the near future, either.

I still brew, but haven't used Mr Beer ingredients lately. I usually do partial mashes these days, with bulk LME from my LHBS and bulk hops and homegrown hops. 

I don't think I'm important enough to open any space time rift.

• Like 2