Orange Blossom Honey 0.62 lb, Sugar, @ 10 min

Hallertauer (Germany) - 0.50 oz, Pellet, 35 min
Hallertauer (Germany) - 0.25 oz, Pellet, 12 min
Hallertauer (Germany) - 0.25 oz, Pellet, 0 min

Orange Peel, Sweet - 0.5 oz zest from clementines @ 10 min
Corriander Seed - 0.25 oz crushed boiled @ 10 min

Danstar Munich Dry Wheat Yeast1.00 unit, Yeast, Temperature Range 64°-70° F

Brewed on January 14th 2013 OG = 1.051

I used Screwy's recipe from his site for this one, tweaked it a little by adding the orange peel and corriander. Changed out the yeast for what I had on hand, I've read the munich is pretty good though. Also the amber dme is only there....as it's what I had on hand and didn't have enough wheat to fill the recipe. I hope it adds a good flavour. I didn't get a pic of it before pitching yeast though :( . Sorry guys. It had a very sweet taste, great citrus aroma. Will update as things happen.

That recipe has all the makings of a fine tasting beer, I've brewed it a bunch of times. Keep your brewing notes, you can refer back to them as you tweak the recipe to brew several variations of the same beer. I've been playing around with the amount of coriander and switched to using dry bitter orange peel, the trick is to get the citrus flavor of the coriander without it dominating the overall flavor of the beer.

The recipe you posted is solid, the boil times and amounts look good and your yeast selection too. Another tweak you might want to consider as an option is to add 1/2 ounce of Cascade dry hops for 5-7 days before bottling. Of course an easier option is to use a nice neutral yeast like Nottingham or WLP-001 to make the same recipe more of an American Wheat beer. Like I said you're gonna like this beer a lot just as it is. I just wanted to mention all the fun, and different beers, you can have based off of this same basic recipe.

Oh yahh, I'm already thinking of my next variation of this beer, it smells soooo good in my fermentation cupboard right now(it's all I got but it stays around 66 when my condo is set to 70). The cascade idea is definitely solid. I'll most likely dry hop it this weekend on that note.

This sounds really delicious and I honestly might make something very, very similar in my next recipe.

My quick question to you and Screwy is how much water per pound of DME is recommended when you boil? Is there a standard ratio people normally follow?

Thanks in advance!

Something along these lines is what I was wanting to do for my pineapple witbier attempt. Maybe something to consider for the upcoming recipe collaboration. Like this recipe!

Depending on how long the boil is, I usually go with between 2-3 litres(2.5-3.5 quarts). When adding the dme, I usually only add 1/4-1/3rd of the recipes total malt bill before and for the boil. All else is added at or within 5 minutes of flameout(HME is always at flameout, only boil DME/LME) I have had no problems with all my malt dissolving, even on my nut brown recipe which had tons of malt. I'm not a pro, I've only done 4 batches, but this seems to work, and from what I've read this seems to be pretty much standard operating procedure. :P

Bottled this on Feb 1st

Fg = 1.011 = 5.2% abv

Bottle primed

Had a very very citrus smell, almost acidy, and also very very citrus/acid taste. I'm hoping it didn't get infected, bottled anyways hoping it's the munich yeast and will condition out. I'm not sure, hoping someone can chime in as to what is going on. Please?

Well....after 3 weeks carbonating, and a week in the fridge, this beer tastes AMAZING. Wow great wheat and citrus flavours and aromas. It cleared really well for not conditioning long. I must say I was scared something was wrong with this beer when I bottled it, but it turned out very very nice. I will be repeating this recipe. It's very much a belgian blonde. Has some but not a ton of esthery aromas and flavours. The munich yeast gets a thumbs up in my opinion. Had some with an orange slice tonight, and it's even better. I will add pictures asap.