Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
asnider

Edmonton, Alberta

I've done a quick forum search for the word "Edmonton" and it looks like there aren't a lot of us from the area (or at least we're not talking about it). I'm hoping that this search will bring a few people out of the woodwork.

I've already encountered a few snobbish attitudes about Mr. Beer while at the LHBS (not rude, exactly, because they were still encouraging me to brew, but a bit snarky about using Mr. Beer refills), so I'm not really eager to get involved with the local home brewing club right now. But if there are some fellow Mr. Beer users, then I'd love to get together to chat about home brewing while drinking some home brews!

I'm at the point where I am starting to make modifications and additions to Mr. Beer refills, but I'm not quite ready to move much beyond that yet (though I'm planning a simple extract batch that doesn't use any Mr.B ingredients fairly soon). Anyone who has been there or is still at this stage would be great to get together for some sort of informal event.

Anyway...I guess that's really long way of saying: "Anyone in the Edmonton/capital region?"

Bump this up for the poor Canuck!

I'm from Ontario, but there's got to be some other guys from Edmonton brewing beer around this forum! I mean, what else do you have to do when its -30*C outside!!!

"manosteel9423" post=321726 said:

Bump this up for the poor Canuck!

I'm from Ontario, but there's got to be some other guys from Edmonton brewing beer around this forum! I mean, what else do you have to do when its -30*C outside!!!

Hey now, it's only +6C today! It's warm! :freeze:

Plus 6!!!! That's a freaking heat wave!!!

My sister lived in Fort Saskatchewan (just north of Edmonton for those not in the know that might be reading) for about 10 years when her husband was transferred there with Dow Chemical. I visited them for Christmas one year and I've never felt cold like that!

They call it a "dry cold", but when your nosehairs freeze, I don't care how dry it is...ITS FREAKING COLD!!!!

"manosteel9423" post=322205 said:

They call it a "dry cold", but when your nosehairs freeze, I don't care how dry it is...ITS FREAKING COLD!!!!

Born and raised, so I'm used to it, but it really is a dry cold. I've experienced a winter storm in Newfoundland. It wasn't as cold as it gets out here, but with the humidity, the cold gets into your bones and doesn't go away.

:freeze:

Anyway, maybe there are no other Edmonton-area brewers on the forums. That's a shame.

Anyway, maybe there are no other Edmonton-area brewers on the forums. That's a shame.

Its very possible, I guess, since Mr Beer doesn't have much of a presence in Canada yet. If they ever get that Canadian warehouse up and running that they hinted at a few months ago, that would probably change things!

Anyways...if you're ever in the Southwestern Ontario region, look me up!