Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
F100Gibby55

Sticky Wicket

Mr. Beer was purchased by Coopers mid-to-late last year. In that transition, all of the old extracts were retired, and new extracts were produced by Coopers. Sticky Wicket was one of the old extracts. If you see smaller cans (shaped like soup or vegetable cans) floating around, those are the old extracts. The newer ones are fatter cans.

Really old cans:
mr-beer-kit-beer-mix-variety-pack-275.jp

Old cans:
mrb011-sticky-oat-stout.jpg

New cans:
1017-LRG.jpg

I was lucky and caught the blow out of the old extracts and bought 8 cans of SW, which is 4 batches, having never tried it. Brewed 1 that I added too much LME too, liked it, plan to do the next one straight.

I understand why they changed. I don't understand why they didn't try to have a translation table, and endeavor to cover their top sellers.

For example:

If you liked our old "Sticky Wicket", our new "Really Sticky Wicket" will knock your socks off.

If you liked our old "Bewitched Red Ale", our new "Bewitched Amber Ale" will really please.

A big marketing miss from my perspective, and gave opening to the "devil makers".

Sticky Wicket is STILL available... Just under a different name. I just PM'ed you the details.