Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
kcarney44

cracked lid need suggestions on fix

So last night I filled my keg with the Irish Stout wort and as I went screw on the lid i noticed a tiny crack in the middle of the lid. Considering I just put the wort in the keg I did the first thing I could think of and covered the crack with duct tape an d screwed on the lid! Is there anything else I can do now while its fermenting. I was thinking putting a piece of saran wrap oover the lid with an elastic to ensure the best possible quality fermentation until i buy a new lid for the next brew. I would call the crack hiarline like...not huge put definitely there.

Thanks for the help,
kevin

Given that the LBK has vents, it doesn't need to be airtight. I think your Red/Green solution is perfect!

the lids from Jiff peanut butter fit. As long as the lid screws on you are fine the vents are cut in the LBK itself, at least on the ones I had

Yeah, don't use the saran wrap, you run the risk of sealing the LBK. Air needs to be able to escape the fermenter or else you will get a build up of Co2, and that could end badly!

Your duct tape solution is fine for this batch. Contact MR Beer customer service, by phone or live chat, and let them know your issue...they might just take care of it for you.

Guest System Admin

the lids from Jiff peanut butter fit.

There it is. I try to learn something new every day.

i did not know that.

LOL

I can not remember the jar size though. My wife just finished off a jar and look like it would fit and it did. It also fit my slimline so I drilled a hole in one for an airlock

Just call in your next order, and we'll through in a keg lid at no charge. Cool?

Never fear! Duct tape is here and will always do the job.

Cheers to Mr. Beer for the free replacement on your next order!
:cheers:

"mrbeer" post=336294 said:

Just call in your next order, and we'll through in a keg lid at no charge. Cool?

Thats what i call great Customer Service.
3 cheers for Mr. Beer