Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
ScottyP

Mr Beer Customer Support/Shipping vs Rival Company

I know it's been said before, but I have to say it again....Mr. Beer customer service is very class act. I have been brewing with Mr. Beer products for quite a few months now, and not only do I get my orders shipped out and delivered in a very timely manner, they are always packed well and 100% correct. A few weeks ago, I decided to place an order with Mr. Beers new rival company(shocking I know) because I wanted to try a different fermenter. On Feb 7th, I placed the order for the fermenter and 1 recipe to try it out. About a week ago I received an e-mail from their customer service telling me that my order was placed on backorder due to a miscommunication with the shipping department and that the order would ship early this week. As of this past Monday, my order was still "pending/processing" so I sent out an e-mail to them wondering what was going on. I was told basically that it was a supply and demand issue and that the order would ship out by Wednesday. OK fine. Finally got an email that the order shipped early Thursday morning(2/21) and that it is "on time" for delivery estimated for Feb 28th (Next Thursday). I got a 10%off coupon for my troubles, but not sure if I will be ordering from them again. Never had, nor heard of any issues like this with Mr. Beer.

I bought six cans of UME from them and the shipping took awhile. Lucky I didn't need them for any planned current brews.

They are not using the slow shipping (Fedex Smartpost) anymore or will be changing soon. I'd give them another chance especially since they have some of the HME's not available otherwise.

Hello All -

I am new here, so I guess I don't know who the rival company is. Can someone please tell me or give me a hint ?
If you don't want to post it here, you can pm me.

Thanks,

Mike

"sf49ers" post=341082 said:

Hello All - I am new here, so I guess I don't know who the rival company is. Can someone please tell me or give me a hint ? If you don't want to post it here, you can pm me.
Thanks, Mike

Br-ew-De-mon
It is easier asking for forgiveness than for permission!

[attachment=11520]DuckLaffing.jpg[/attachment]

It wasn't my intention to throw the new company under the bus because I know there are growing pains with every new company. I just felt that if they weren't able to ship my order in a timely manner they should have said something in the beginning and not over a week later. Nice to hear that others have had similar problems. I just wanted to give a nice shout out to Mr. Beer and let people know that if you use the new company to plan on a potentially longer shipping time than we are all accustomed to. Oh and nice way around posting the company name frozen in time.

Yep you cant mention their name. I found them but dont even know if it ok to tell you how except for google.

"toohotty23" post=341232 said:

It wasn't my intention to throw the new company under the bus because I know there are growing pains with every new company. I just felt that if they weren't able to ship my order in a timely manner they should have said something in the beginning and not over a week later. Nice to hear that others have had similar problems. I just wanted to give a nice shout out to Mr. Beer and let people know that if you use the new company to plan on a potentially longer shipping time than we are all accustomed to. Oh and nice way around posting the company name frozen in time.

If you only new how not new this new company is. I dont know if the clue in someone elses post will help you or not.

I hope I'm not obtuse. How do you google something without knowing what it's called? Just put a psychic question mark?

Guest System Admin

I know who they are and how they got their start and the ties that go with it. So yes I guess in a sense the company is not that new. I knew I was walking on thin ice even starting this thread in the first place but I felt something needed to be said. I fully respect the Borgs opinions and everyone is always so helpful. Cheers and let's HAHB.

"JohnSand" post=341239 said:

I hope I'm not obtuse. How do you google something without knowing what it's called? Just put a psychic question mark?

There are legal issues involved between Mr.Beer and the other company, so we can't name them on the forums.