Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
wa4reg

South Carolina

I just started home brewing but I live in Greenville. Whereabouts are you in the Upstate?

:cheers:

I got my kit for Christmas but didn't start my first brew until the beginning of February. I lived in Greer for two years (29650) now I live close to Greenville Memorial Hospital (29615). Are you going to the Beer Fest in April?

Goose Creek!? Small word. I lived in Goose Creek for 20 years. I lived in Crowfield right by Stratford High School.

wa4reg, the one I was referencing was:
http://go-greenevents.com/event/id/1022

but I can't see anywhere to buy tickets and the site hasn't changed must since my initial post.

I did see this festival, that I missed last year, but it looks awesome:
http://www.topofthehopsbeerfest.com/greenville/

Nice to see some SC brewers!

"JonV1027" post=348056 said:

Goose Creek!? Small word. I lived in Goose Creek for 20 years. I lived in Crowfield right by Stratford High School.

wa4reg, the one I was referencing was:
http://go-greenevents.com/event/id/1022

but I can't see anywhere to buy tickets and the site hasn't changed must since my initial post.

I did see this festival, that I missed last year, but it looks awesome:
http://www.topofthehopsbeerfest.com/greenville/

Nice to see some SC brewers!

Awesome!

There was a Brewvival Festival here a few weeks ago I wish I had gone to. But tickets were $65 and I was low on cash.

Maybe we could have our own Beerfest everyone bring a different beer and we can tast each others Beer

That sounds awesome. We'll have to do it in the fall so I can have some practice. I want to make sure my beer is good before I start giving it out to people! :lol:

fall would be great what have yall brewed so far Ive brewed
American Classic Liight
Winter Dark Ale
and have Shade Tree Kolsch in my LBK now

About to Brew a Wicked Pale Ale with hop boil for flavor

Fermenting Spiced Christmas Stout

Finishing Hopped up IPA (Maybe 2 more weeks)
Finishing Honey Lager (Maybe 3 more weeks)

Sorry. Missed the first post.

Conditioning / Drinking:
#1 Grand Bohemian Czech Pils
#2 Aztec Cerveza
#3 Heavy McWee

Fermenting:
#4 Blue Patriot (I'll bottle this weekend)
#5 Belgian Golden Strong (needs 3 more weeks)
#6 Winter Dark Ale

On Deck:
#7 Vanilla Bourbon Porter (5 Gal)
#8 Caribou Slobber
#9 Bavarian Wessbeir + LME

I'm just addicted to brewing. I enjoy brewing the beer as much as drinking it (almost).

Mount Pleasant here. This hobby is addictive, isn't it? Haven't found many home brewers in the area, but there are a few.

yes it is addictive dont know what I want to brew next might brew a 5 gal. batch of American Light

go bigger. There are sooooo many good beers waiting for you. My wife just told me my home brew stout is better than Guiness! The Weissbier with LME is great too. I'm only on my 9th batch, but each time I brew, I've pushed it a little further. Now I'm doing steeps and using dme's and the flavor profiles are extraordinary!! Venture out of the Miller Light box, and you'll be amazed at what you can brew!

Just Bottled a batch of Kolsch today with the DME I`ll be able to taste it in 3 weeks :chug:

I took a hydro sample of my Belgian Golden Strong ale today and damn it was good. I'm also excited to brew up some Mr. Beer Seasonals. The Saison and White IPA look pretty tasty.

I want to do an Isrish Stout but dont know If I would like it or not cant find any in Union guess I`ll go to Spartanburg and buy a bottle and see if i like it before I order the kit
i

Very nice. I'm about to have to pitch my first starter for a Vanilla Smoked Porter. I was just going to shake the damn thing every time I walked by it lol.

it suppose to dobble the yeast count if you run it 12 hrs. and make a better brew

Beaufort SC here. Looking to start a fall recipe. Also interested in a SC group or beerfest for the fall or spring.

Bill

Havent heard from anyone in a while I dont know if they still want to have it or not

Hi,

I was reading through this post and I love your avatar and I am also in the upstate (fountain inn). Anyway, it looks like you have good taste in beer and make quite a varied supply. I'm getting ready to order a Mr. Beer and I'm guessing that i could use a lot of help to get some good beer made. Would you be willing to give me some pointers? I want to do a quad and a barleywine, dubbel and tripel would be fine as well.