Mr.Beer Community
jailer8

michigan Mr. beer brewers

Hello all in the Mitten,

Looking to start a group of brewers from Michigan for sharing, conversation and who knows maybe even a chance at a summer event that allows us an opportunity to share our brews with each other.

Hit me up here or on face/book (Sher-lee) :barman:

I don't have facebook (I know, it's weird) but I brew with Mr. B in the mitten.

Going to the beer festival in Jackson next weekend?

I'm going back and forth with MB kits. Would love to get together with some of my fellow Michigan brewers but you all seem to be way south around Detroit.

With time more brewers from more places will come out, Hopefully.

Would like to get those starting out all the way to no longer using Mr. Beer kits to share samples, and stories.

So where are you at jailer8, Nightman & bluegbb I am in Clarkston NW Oakland County

Just wanted to stop in and say Ohio State Rocks!
That is all.

seems like somebody is drunk early today!!!

[attachment=11774]animatemi2.gif[/attachment]

"haerbob3" post=345469 said:

Natch! Buckeye...

• Like 1

"RickBeer" post=345484 said:

"haerbob3" post=345469 said:

Natch! Buckeye...

hey let's be fair not all of us are bad hell i got kin somewhere in the U.P.. and I only got a prob with michigan once a year around turkeyday

"haerbob3" post=345490 said:

We eat Turkeys at thanksgiving :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

if i get your meaning sometimes the turkey eats you

"haerbob3" post=345464 said:

So where are you at jailer8, Nightman & bluegbb I am in Clarkston NW Oakland County

To find Howard City, look at the map and find Grand Rapids, then go north from there about 30 miles, if you find Big Rapids zoom in the map and try again.

Guest System Admin

"Nightman" post=345535 said:

To find Howard City, look at the map and find Grand Rapids, then go north from there about 30 miles, if you find Big Rapids zoom in the map and try again.

Hell, I drove right through there every time I went from Mackinac City to Grand Rapids during my college days.

That's how I knew I was getting close to GR.............Reed City.......Big Rapids....Howard City.

Ahhh, memories.

In Fowlerville, about halfway between Spartan and wolverine country. Go Blue runs through my veins.

"Wings_Fan_In_KC" post=345758 said:

"Nightman" post=345535 said:

Hell, I drove right through there every time I went from Mackinac City to Grand Rapids during my college days.

That's how I knew I was getting close to GR.............Reed City.......Big Rapids....Howard City.

Ahhh, memories.

Next time on your visiting and on the way through, let me know and I will have a cold HB waiting for ya.

Funny story from my Grand Valley days....at least it's still funny to me.

One night a friend and I were down at the Meijer's in Jenison, south of GVSU's campus.....probably getting beers or smokes or something.

This van full of kids about our age rolled up and put their windows down....obligatory "Jeff Spicoli" van scene with smoke rolling out.....said they came from Ann Arbor and asked us where Jenison Field House was.

We busted out laughing and told them that they had missed it by 90 miles to the west, to get back on 96 East and look for the signs for the MSU exits.

Friggin stoners! Jenison Field House is on the campus of Michigan State......for those who aren't familiar.

LOL

Im in the very small town of Blanchard, about 30 min east of Howard City.

State land on sheridan rd? a buddy and I hit that late muzzleloader season

Im sure this is old news, but for those who dont know the 2014 AHAj National Conference is in Grand Rapids this year. w00t!

Selling all of my equipment and recipes

Going through a crappy divorce right now and unfortunately have to postpone what I love doing most, brewing homebrew.  Im living in a smaller apartment and don't have the greatest place to brew, so I want to sell all of y equipment and recipes that would really benefit someone else.  Ill have to look but I believe its about 15 recipes, hops, yeast and everything you need.  I also have four brown jugs to sell also.  If interested in any of it, please contact me.  I will then give you an exact number of what I have and detailed list of recipes.  Thanks and hope I have some success with this.  I live in the Keego harbor area but willing to meet someone.  Thanks again

Allegan is home for me (between GR and Kzoo), but born & raised in Petoskey (1 hour south of the Mackinaw Bridge). West Michigan represent!

St. Joe here.  From FL originally.  Yes, I am actually FROM Florida!  Moved up here in June of '03.

I'm also residing in Michigan. Born and, semi, raised in the Detroit/Royal Oak area and currently living in Lapeer. Anyone to Lapeer? The Tilted Axis Brewery finally opened their doors early this month and are going strong in downtown, Lapeer.

Michigan born and raised... did 30+ years in Detroit proper. earliest memory is of the 67 riots ...what fun! when my part of Motown went to hell, did about 5 years in the burb of westland aka wasteland... before migrating eventually to the hell of florida.  I miss the real world aka civilization. things kinda suck here in Oz.

I'm from Michigan. Born and raised in Detroit from the 7 Mile and Evergreen area for the first 34yrs of my life. Now I live in Auburn Hills. Nice to see fellow Michiganders!