Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
nol1rxr

ANY MEMBERS FROM MS. OR AL.

we do have one member from ala guess he's not on right now.

[attachment=11716]welcomebeer_2013-03-02-3.gif[/attachment]

JUST THOUGHT I WOULD FIND OUT IF ANYONE LOCALE MIGHT KNOW WHERE TO GET MRBEER REFILLS WITH OTHER THAN INTERNET PURCHASE.

since you probably don't have a little home brew shop(lhbs) because of the recent change of laws. unless you live close to another states border besides ala (they have the same problem). if not then internet is your only option.

North Alabama here
One place I know of in huntsville with homebrew supplies.
Dont have Mr Beer refills but have other brands HME LME DME hops
grains etc.....

One in Pelham

Where you located?

"Jimjohson" post=344476 said:

could be your chance to start a business ;)

SERIOUSLY considering that

hey somebody gotta do it. see if you can be a MrBeer distributor. add a few 5 gal kits and a few hops and grains. same price as online just no shipping charge.

"nol1rxr" post=344470 said:

JUST THOUGHT I WOULD FIND OUT IF ANYONE LOCALE MIGHT KNOW WHERE TO GET MRBEER REFILLS WITH OTHER THAN INTERNET PURCHASE.

Can't help you with locations in your area to get Mr. Beer refills, but I can help you with something else.

See that key to the left of the "A" key on your keyboard? Press it, and make sure the little light is always off when you post. Makes you look like you're yelling when you post in all caps.

In recent months and weeks many stores were forced to remove their Home Brewing Section. Some did, Some didn't. Just depended on where the state wanted to flex its tiny little muscle. Most did not carry MB anyway. I have done web searches and found stores that say they carry MB but when I call, they only had them thru xmas. Maybe when this new bill gets finalized more options will open up. Until then, I will be ordering online. It seems to be the best way to go for now, considering the oppressed state of our situation, time, travel, gas prices.

"Underwood" post=344694 said:

In recent months and weeks many stores were forced to remove their Home Brewing Section. Some did, Some didn't. Just depended on where the state wanted to flex its tiny little muscle. Most did not carry MB anyway. I have done web searches and found stores that say they carry MB but when I call, they only had them thru xmas. Maybe when this new bill gets finalized more options will open up. Until then, I will be ordering online. It seems to be the best way to go for now, considering the oppressed state of our situation, time, travel, gas prices.

as far as the MrB part it is the same story here, only at Christmas. However you can always buy lme and/or dme, hops, yeast and make your own. plenty of sites on line for free 5 gal recipes and free programs like qbrew to help you figure out how to step it down. Straight spilts need some tweeking of the hops imo. Just fyi

I have been taking alot of notes on the brews i have done so far, adjustments I need to make. This is a great borg with a wealth knowledge and ideas flowing everyday from fellow brewers like yourself and many, many others. I have been checking out the qbrew, but mostly being patient, learning from my mistakes. As I advance little by little (maybe by late spring, early summer) I would like to be doing some boils with hops.

thanks for the input. since i have just started brewing and found out i screwed up on my one and only brew so far (i followed the mrbeer instruction to the t) i wanted to stay with the standerd refills untill i get my feet wet and had actually tasted one of my brews that went correct.