Mr.Beer Community

Where abouts in Ontario?

EDIT: I ask not for the sake of being a creep, but with the hope that you might be able to direct me to a LHBS in my area.

"HamDangled" post=344617 said:

Where abouts in Ontario?

EDIT: I ask not for the sake of being a creep, but with the hope that you might be able to direct me to a LHBS in my area.

You do know stating you are not a creep often means... :silly:

Arid-zona surrounded by Canadian Snowbirds (feels like Canada but a lot warmer) EH?

[attachment=11731]canadiansnowbird.jpg[/attachment]

I live in a small town.. but Kingston area would be easiest..

Where abouts are you? Might be able to help you out..

~worm

"T8r Salad" post=344666 said:

Arid-zona surrounded by Canadian Snowbirds (feels like Canada but a lot warmer) EH?

[attachment=11731]canadiansnowbird.jpg[/attachment]

Yeah, a lot of people in western Canada head to Arizona/New Mexico for the snowbird season. Thos in the east go to Florida. I'd by lying if I said I haven't.

"electricworm" post=344692 said:

I live in a small town.. but Kingston area would be easiest..

Where abouts are you? Might be able to help you out..

~worm

I'm an hour outside of Toronto, Kitchener-Waterloo. I'm about 4 hours away from Kingston :pinch:

Sarnia, Ontario here.

You've got it pretty easy for LHBS in the KW region, Ham. Many of your local BOP (Brew on Premises) stores will sell base grains and hops. Places like Brewhouse in Waterloo, for example.

However, it is probably worth the drive for you to Fergus if you are looking for AG supplies. Gilbertson and Page is supposedly the place to buy grains in bulk.

If you are looking for a true LHBS that will sell extracts and kits and such, you might have to make the trip to Toronto (Toronto Brewing Company) or Brampton (Canadian Homebrew Supplies).

Here is poor Sarnia, I'm stuck crossing the river into Port Huron, Michigan for anything resembling a homebrew store that isn't at least 2 hours away.

Canada?

Are you talkin' about Northern Montana?

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha! :evil: :evil: :evil:

kawarthas, Ontario, Kingdom of Canadia here!

speaking of 'eh', I'm working on my Double 'Eh' IPA recipe ATM :P

Definitely hit the brew on premises places for LME too, I found some for $5/litre which is over 3lbs. Total bill for a Mr. B sized batch is under $10, even less if you start harvesting yeast.

"Brewbs" post=344735 said:

Definitely hit the brew on premises places for LME too, I found some for $5/litre which is over 3lbs. Total bill for a Mr. B sized batch is under $10, even less if you start harvesting yeast.

Thats an awesome price!!.. I can't find that anywhere around here!!

~worm

"electricworm" post=344851 said:

Also I don't know how close you are to Toronto Brewing Co. But I've made a few orders with them and have had great customer service

~worm

ditto, they even gave me a free yeast upgrade last time when they ran out of the cheaper stuff that I had ordered.

I like the hops they sell, factory sealed 1oz, not bulk stuff sealed on premises. It has a stronger and fresher smell than the other hops I'd bought elsewhere.

Shouldn't that be....."Eh Eh IP EH recipe

[attachment=11741]DuckLaffing.jpg[/attachment]

"T8r Salad" post=344862 said:

Shouldn't that be....."Eh Eh IP EH recipe

[attachment=11741]DuckLaffing.jpg[/attachment]

your are absolutely correct, it's an American-Aussie IPA so ya, I should replace all the As, I think I will just call it the "The Triple Eh"

Also forgot to mention, FastRack is located right in the GTA. I ordered the 4 pack setup and it showed up the next day with no duties or other BS, industrial strength product.

thefastrack.ca

oops, should have been 'www.thefastrack.ca', corrected me original post

I am an honourary Canadian, if that counts! My best friend is Canadian, and I travel up north to visit her at least once a year. By the time I head back home to the US, I'm uttering "eh" and "oot" and "aboot" like a native. I love Canada!

I've never realized and still in-denial if I say the aboot part...

The eh thing .. I cannot deny.. Guilty on all counts

~worm

Brampton, Ontario here. Mere blocks from Canadian Homebrew Supplies, which now sells the Mr Beer kits and refills.

Just got my first LBK for Christmas. Bought a second already. We have a B.Y.O here in Brantford, Ontario. Have to check there to see what supplies I can get.

I love Canada... used to live across the stream from her and would often visit Windsor, London, leamignton..    took a class trip to jack miners wildlife reserve and to pointe pelee in grade school.  the coppers in Windsor were awesome to us yanks.. even when we were there to drink illegally and carry on.  my late friend was a diehard maple leafs fan. no matter how badly they did he would watch them on cbc and cheer them on.... even buried him in his maple leafs jersey.   thanks to Canada I got to grow up watching all those really cool bbc shows like monty python, dads army, coronation street... etc. 

so this morning if I crack open a beer i'll lift cups to all of you in Canada!

cheers!

oh speaking of Canadian tv... any word if they will ever release a dvd collection of the Beach Combers?  loved that show... taught me how to make a Quincy in snow to survive! lol. like i'll need that in florida eh?