Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
dbrowning

Maybe North Alabama brewers wont be afraid

I would not worry about it too much.....But wait, this is Alabama and we know how politicians and law enforcement like to go on witch hunts when it comes to the lottery, gambling and alcohol ! ! ! I purchased my first kit legally at Sears....or was it illiegally??? Is Sears in on this conspiracy? I'm confused

"Underwood" post=344773 said:

I would not worry about it too much.....But wait, this is Alabama and we know how politicians and law enforcement like to go on witch hunts when it comes to the lottery, gambling and alcohol ! ! ! I purchased my first kit legally at Sears....or was it illiegally??? Is Sears in on this conspiracy? I'm confused

Sears has sold them Sams club has sold them.
Legal to sell not legal to use?
Dont get arrested for paraphenalia on your way home with it in your car :unsure:

That could probably only happen in Alabama

If I understand it correctly, in the Prohibition era, you could buy malt. You could buy yeast. There were other uses for these items, so purchasing them and possessing them wasn't illegal, nor was selling them.

Probably the same with a Mr. Beer kit, even in a state that prohibited homebrewing.

Ah, the finer points of the law.

"dbrowning" post=344794 said:

"Jimjohson" post=344705 said:

look

wasn't you here?

uh ... yeah

I was on my night time meds schedule...same meds but washing them down 12oz at a time. :dry: the question was 'cause i wasn't sure if the lhbs exchange was the first thread you posted or in the link. sorry