Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
Fozzie14

Is bottling wand spigot different?

Can you put a siphon hose and bottling wand on the spigot that comes with the Mr. Beer kit, or do you need the spigot that comes with their bottling wand? I've got 2 gallons fermenting, so I can't switch spigots on the keg fermenter now.

it's the same spigot. attach the adapter tube to your present spigot and then attach the wand to the adapter tube.

The bottling wand slips inside the locking spigots. With the newest spigots, you need a tube between the spigot and bottling wand.

Edit: In the picture below, all the LBKs have locking spigots except for the LBK on the bottom shelf in the middle. It has the new spigot. The wand works with both spigots.

[attachment=11919]sixpak.jpg[/attachment]

If you have a twist spigot all is good. If you have a flip spigot (like a big coffee pot) it may or may not work. Im guessing being new you have a twistie. Regardless, welcome aBorg!

"Da Yooper" post=347802 said:

If you have a twist spigot all is good. If you have a flip spigot (like a big coffee pot) it may or may not work. Im guessing being new you have a twistie. Regardless, welcome aBorg!

+1

"packerduf" post=347801 said:

The bottling wand slips inside the locking spigots. With the newest spigots, you need a tube between the spigot and bottling wand.

Edit: In the picture below, all the LBKs have locking spigots except for the LBK on the bottom shelf in the middle. It has the new spigot. The wand works with both spigots.

[attachment=11919]sixpak.jpg[/attachment]

nice setup
i like it , i just have 3 and a ale pail

If you don't have an adapter tube for your wand, it's east to go to Lowe's and find plastic tubing. The wand I bought at my LHBS is exactly the same diameter as my (new style) LBK spigot, so it was a simple matter of using a 1" length of polyethylene tubing (I forgot the diameter, just take the wand into Lowe's with you) to hook the two together.

The hose to attach the wand to the new spigots is 5/16" inside diameter.