Mr.Beer Community
Ga Ced

Mr Beer Registration? Bottling wand

Have you guys registered with Mr. Beer? If so how long did it take to receive the 2 free gifts from Mr. Beer?

Also will the bottling wand from Mr Beer fit the old spigot?

It's been longer than a week for me. Did you have to comply with anything other than the registration info you submit? My order I placed a week ago arrived in 3 days, so i would assume the gifts would have arrived just as quick

Took me a month, maybe more, to get the gifts. Might have been because I registered right after Christmas.

I reg'd mine on xmas day. Got mine just after new years.

Don't get too focused on your "free gifts". You get a refrigerator magnet that I've never used (it has spots to write in type of beer, date brewed, date bottled) and has Mr. Beer's carb chart, and you get a "thermometer" that has three readings - too cold, ok, and too hot. I bought $2.00 strip thermometers that have readouts every 4 degrees instead.

"RickBeer" post=349775 said:

Don't get too focused on your "free gifts". You get a refrigerator magnet that I've never used (it has spots to write in type of beer, date brewed, date bottled) and has Mr. Beer's carb chart, and you get a "thermometer" that has three readings - too cold, ok, and too hot. I bought $2.00 strip thermometers that have readouts every 4 degrees instead.

The thermometer is what I really wanted. If I would have known it wasn't a true thermometer, I wold have ordered one with my last shipment. Ohh well, can't really complain about a free item.

i got the numbered strips to way better. then i got this http://www.acurite.com/weather/humidity/thermometer-with-wired-probe.html taped it to the side of the lbk with a paper towel between the probe and the tape. i could monitor wort temp inside the coolers without releasing heat/cold

"Jim Johnson" post=349784 said:

i got the numbered strips to way better. then i got this http://www.acurite.com/weather/humidity/thermometer-with-wired-probe.html taped it to the side of the lbk with a paper towel between the probe and the tape. i could monitor wort temp inside the coolers without releasing heat/cold

Nice product for $20, It is definitely on my radar.

mine took over a month to arrive. but it was during the holiday shopping season so that probably made it take longer than most.

Looks like the thermometer thing has been done to death, but as far as the "bottling wand" yes, it comes with a spigot which is identical to the ones that come with the LBK when you buy it. I just left the new spigot wrapped up in the plastic it came in (for use just in case something bad happens!) and plug the bottling wand directly onto the existing spigots that are already in place. It's kind of a pain the first time to get it on, but once the flex tube stretches a tad it goes on easier.

Thanks, Mj! I can bottle my High Country Canadian Draft when my wand arrives. I refuse to bottle without it now

Just as a word of caution, I found that I need to keep a bowl on the floor under the bottling wand. It does always drip a couple of drips. After one beer that's no big deal, after a case of beer, that's some cleanup!

"mjbearit" post=351964 said:

Just as a word of caution, I found that I need to keep a bowl on the floor under the bottling wand. It does always drip a couple of drips. After one beer that's no big deal, after a case of beer, that's some cleanup!

+1

"mjbearit" post=351964 said:

I bottle over the dishwasher with the door open. Nothing ever reached the floor.

Finally received my bottling wand from Mr Beer. It came with a 2 inch plastic piece that I assume is an adapter. Is that piece required to fit the want to the spigot?

"Ga Ced" post=355583 said:

Finally received my bottling wand from Mr Beer. It came with a 2 inch plastic piece that I assume is an adapter. Is that piece required to fit the want to the spigot?

yes

Guest System Admin

Yep. It goes between the spigot and the wand. Word of advice...heat up some sanitzer in a microwave and dip the tube into the solution before trying to stick it on the spigot.

"CedBrew" post=349742 said:

Have you guys registered with Mr. Beer? If so how long did it take to receive the 2 free gifts from Mr. Beer?

It took about 6 weeks for me, but I registered just before Christmas, so they were probably pretty busy filling holiday orders. And I live in Canada, so that probably added a bit of time in the mail, too.