Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
Jim Johnson

My Third Brew

it is a Aztec Cerveza with a LME robust. so a Negra Aztec. (and hopefully it's not another anti gravity beer)

[attachment=12133]negraceverza.jpg[/attachment]

That's nice lookin brew, but sure a dark cervesa.

"Meytchison" post=350905 said:

Looks good. Hows she taste?

it's kinda got a bite in the finish i hadn't anticipated, but it's good. Well John MrB only offers 1 dark lme or dme for that matter, probably should've mixed it with a smooth to lighten it up. that would be 2 softpacks probably need to add hops. wasn't ready for that... then.

"TimeTraveler" post=350940 said:

Heck, Mexicans drink and like dark beers. Negra Modela is one of my favorite Mexican brews.

me to i like the bottles also, but john's right it's a lot darker than a modelo. can't really see thru it. modelo is reddish brown and easily seen thru. however I don't know every cerveza. as every country down there makes their own style. what the hell I like it.

"TimeTraveler" post=350940 said:

Heck, Mexicans drink and like dark beers. Negra Modela is one of my favorite Mexican brews.

since i don't have the pipeline fully established i only drink 2 of mine a night. i've also been drinking negra modeols and i think that bite might mellow over time and be close to a modelo. i'll report on the last beer.

Guest System Admin

Negra Modelo comes in those cute chubby bottles too!

i know i been collecting the hell out of them 'cause modelo 12s are on sale for less a 12 than heinies.

Looks like a good beer. Pretty fond of Negra Modello myself. How would you rate the bitterness of this one?

thanks, by adding the lme i changed the precived sweetness. it probably didn't taste bitter at all, i guess the IBUs probably didn't change much. except for the "bite" in the finish i think it's a close match for a modelo in bitterness and a lot darker. almost black hard to see thru it. i belive if MrB had another dark lme besides the robust, it would not have the bite at all. you could check your lhbs for a dark lme/dme.