Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
rogergoochman

Bewitched Amber Ale hops addition

I have the Bewitched Amber Ale deluxe refill and I have some Sparkling Amber DME. If I add a pound of DME what are your hops recommendations and boil times. I wont brewing this until early next week some time. I have a LHBS that I can get hops from what yall think?

There is a new recipe listed on Mr beer website called brown eyed girl that uses fuggle and glacier hops. Brewed this yesterday with a 7 minute hop boil for good measure. Gravity sample tasted good can't wait for this one

These are the hops my LHBS offers(taken from thre website). With the brown eyed girl recipe it sounds good but it doesnt look like I can get my hands on the Glacier hops/

Ahtanum Pellet Hops, Amarillo Pellet Hops, Cascade Pellet Hops, Centennial Pellet Hops, Chinook Pellet Hops, Cluster Pellet Hops, Columbus Pellet Hops, Fuggles Pellet Hops, Hallertau Pellet Hops, Kent Goldings Pellet Hops, Liberty Pellet Hops, Mt. Hood Pellet Hops, Northern Brewer Pellet Hops, Nugget Pellet Hops, Perle Pellet Hops, Saaz Pellet Hops, Simcoe Pellet Hops, Spalt Pellet Hops, Styrian Goldings Pellet Hops, Target Pellet Hops, Tettnanger Pellet Hops, Tradition Pellet Hops, Perle Pellet Hops,Warrior Pellet Hops, Willamette Pellet Hops

Use Wilamette as a substitute for the Glacier. Glacier is a bit more citrusy, so if you wish add just a pinch of cascade and it might be even closer. But just a small amount, IE if the recipe calls for 1oz of Glacier then use 3/4 of it and 1/4 of cascade or there about.

But honesty you can't go wrong with a fuggles/wilamette mix.

Hmm, looks like lots of people are brewing this with some DME and hop additions. I'll save some electrons - check my post in the other thread in this section with almost the same topic. :chug:

"mashani" post=351053 said:

Use Wilamette as a substitute for the Glacier. Glacier is a bit more citrusy, so if you wish add just a pinch of cascade and it might be even closer. But just a small amount, IE if the recipe calls for 1oz of Glacier then use 3/4 of it and 1/4 of cascade or there about.

But honesty you can't go wrong with a fuggles/wilamette mix.

If i do the fuggles/Willamette combo would you recommend the 7 minute boil like ScottyP suggested or a different time. This will be my first time adding hops.

I did the Bewitched Amber Ale with no LME/DME additions on Jan 21. I added 1/2 oz Willamette to the HME at flameout and let it set in for about 7-10 minutes, took it out, then poured the wort into the LBK.

I dry-hopped with Fuggles for 7 days.

Turned out very good, somewhat similar to Killians Irish Red Ale, I believe it is better though.