Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
rdrivas

New brew setup!

So after making 6 or so batches with the brown kegs, i figured it was time to upgrade and get up to 5 Gallons a batch, making more specific beer versus all over the place.

i have made the pale Ale, German Hefe, my own pumpkin ale, Blueberry ale and a Honey Ale.

I really like the wheat beer, and the Honey all already tastes awesome, so i might do a small batch here and there of "specialty" beer and then use the 5 gallons for the ones I like to drink year round...

no matter what i decide, i am pretty excited to have new gear!

normal_IMG_0105.JPG

Looking Good. I Prefer to make smaller batches so I have a variety around. But I make 5 gallon batches for my house beer.

Good deal. I like the small LBKs. I used to make wine and that was all 5 gallon stuff and it just got to the point where I was tired of dealing with 5 gallons of hot, fermenting or otherwise liquid at a time, so I quit for several years. I like these little LBKs though and the fun is back! I wish you many years of good beer with your new setup!

You have good taste - that looks just like my fermenter bucket and kettle. :chug:

Nice thing about those 6.5 gallon buckets is that they handle 5.5 gallons fine with plenty of headspace so you can bottle/keg 5 gallons of beer in the end.

[attachment=12218]graphics-beer-073810_2013-02-09-3_2013-03-17.gif[/attachment][attachment=12219]congrats-cat-ag1_2013-03-02_2013-03-17-2.gif[/attachment][attachment=12218]graphics-beer-073810_2013-02-09-3_2013-03-17.gif[/attachment]

"Photon Brewing" post=351957 said:

Looks like your set. Way to go. If its not to forward, how much that kettle set you back?

no problem at all, paid $150 for everything.

"Jim Johnson" post=351994 said:

nice set up! :cheers:

Added another fermenting bucket to the mix, picked it up on Saturday.
Also added a nice siphon for moving from the primary fermenter to the secondary.

"rdrivas" post=354874 said:

"Jim Johnson" post=351994 said:

nice set up! :cheers:

Added another fermenting bucket to the mix, picked it up on Saturday.
Also added a nice siphon for moving from the primary fermenter to the secondary.

i got 5 gal fg bucket from lowe's to use as bottling bucket. i've read racking to a secondary not really needed and since cheap (& swmbo) rules my life... ;)