Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
Moddy J

Brown Eyed Girl

Looking to try Brown Eyed Girl for my next brew in the LBK. Any reviews or suggestions for the brew. I see that it is a new batch. Just curious if anyone has tried it. Thanks fellow brewers.

I just brewed a modified version last week. BAA HME, 1#sparkling amber DME, 7minute hop boil with 1/2 oz williamette(my LHBS doesnt carry glacier), and will dry hop for 7 days with 1/2 oz fuggles. Ill let you know how it goes on bottling day(4/8) if you havent brewed by then.

I started a batch of Brown Eyed Girl today. We'll see how it turns out. I have high hopes for this one.

If you are talking about the Brown Eyed Girl that was the recipe of the week on AHA, I made some of that a while back. It was an easy recipe and a very nice sessionalble beer.

Brewin' it tomorrow, might add a hop boil. Looks like some of us will have it ready close to the same time. So, there should be some reviews in about 7wks.

I assume we're talking about the Brown Eyed Girl recipe from Mr. Beer, which starts with a Bewitched Amber Ale refill, plus a LME pack and 2 kinds of hops, and a Safale yeast instead of the MB standard.

Ah..The AHA presented an all grain recipe for a Scottish ale that won a gold metal in a big contest a while back. It was called the same thing. It was 8.5lbs of English Pale malt and 2 oz of black patent with an ounce of Kent Golding hops for bittering. With an English style yeast of course.

"Gymrat" post=354267 said:

Ah..The AHA presented an all grain recipe for a Scottish ale that won a gold metal in a big contest a while back. It was called the same thing. It was 8.5lbs of English Pale malt and 2 oz of black patent with an ounce of Kent Golding hops for bittering. With an English style yeast of course.

No that sounds good and tasty there. :stout:

Have this in the LBK now, bottling next week. I may have to do a combined first pour post for this and my lemon shandyweiss.

Ordered it today. Can not wait. I will be bottling Whose your Hefe next week, so the LBK will be on stand by. Now I need to start thinking about a good retirement beer.
Retire from the Navy in July after 20 years. Any suggestions are welcome.