Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
ckd77

PIPELINE

Was just wondering how full are your pipelines?

Approx 6 cases in the bottle, at various stages of conditioning and imbibing.
2 cases in LBKs ready to bottle, 2 cases ready to lager and just put a fresh batch of 2 more cases in the Ale Pail this morning!
So, approximately 300 beers at one stage or another!
Trying to get ahead for summer time!

5 cases ready in bottles
5 gallon ale pale ready in a week
5 gallon Kolsch being brewed today

While it may be interesting, the size of your pipeline is relevant only to your rate of consumption. The BREADTH of your pipeline is interesting regardless.

I have 8 consumable now (4.7 cases), with 2 more ready in 11 days (2.1 cases), and 2 more bottling on Friday (1.7 cases est). Total of 12 types and about 8.5 cases, although two are getting very low. I don't count batches where I'm saving my final bottle for future comparison.

I have 2 batches planned to do next weekend, then I plan on slowing down and starting to do some extracts with steeping (without Mr. Beer HMEs - LME, hops, and steeping grains), probably one at a time or 5 gallon batches split between LBKs.

So breadth is great. Size is huge, at our consumption rate that would last probably a year.

My pipeline is full. I have one case of beer conditioning, Armstrong Dortmunder Export Lager. Approximately six cases of beer in the pipeline drinking. I'll probably brew a Cerveza in a week or two.

4-cases of 12oz bottles conditioning
2-lbk full one ready to bottle today
Brewing my first 5 gallon recipe today

Just start in' mine. Currently I've two LBKs and one 5gal. ale pail all fermenting 1week apart. First batch out, an LBK size, gets bottled next sat.. Got 6 cases of brown bottles and 3 green. I'm gonna bottle one 6 pack of green out of every batch to give out. If they don't come back no biggie.

My pipeline is to Full accordding to SWMBO
12 cases ready to drink
2 cases conditioning
5 gallons to bottle next weekend
Then a 2 week break and i will be brewing abotu 5 more cases til middle of may when i take a break from brewing for the summer.
To busy and its to hot for me to brew in the summer so i have to make sure i have enough beer to get me through til early october when my first beers of fall will be ready to drink :laugh:

Guest System Admin

Click my Spoiler.

Currently sitting a bit low, actually...I've been a bit lazy this year so I've been drinking alot of Sierra Nevada and New Belgian brews with the fortunate result of harvesting some bottles!

However, I have 3 cases in various stages of conditioning and a 5 gallon batch ready to bottle today. Its an IPA, so it should be ready to drink in a couple of weeks as well. I have two LBK batches planned over the next week and my first AG 5 gallon batch is planned (an ESB that I planned with Oly for the RCE this year) for the first weekend in April if all goes well.

When I bottle the brew in my LBK later today, I'll have six fuill cases and two cases that I am currently drinking.

Really full. I have at least four or five complete cases ready to chill and drink, and portions of three or four cases remaining; in some cases just a six-pack. And I've got about four or five cases conditioning, too.

three twelve packs ready, four twelve packs conditioning, five gallons fermenting.
i must drink too much because one five gallon batch every three to four weeks is not enough. oh.... and my apple wine is still chugging along, that stuff is going to be wicked.

Seems like my pipeline is about average from what I see above. About 6 cases bottled and ready to drink, 2 LBK's full and one more LBK being started today.

But as Rick says, it's certainly relative to your consumption rate. With 6 cases ready to drink, if I didn't buy whiskey every week plus a few beers from store for R&D, I'd run out before any of the stuff in LBK's is ready to drink. A case a week is what I need to produce consistently to keep pace with consumption. I just ration it out and supplement it so there's always some home brew to enjoy when I feel like it or have company.

Given how you're drinking it in your Avatar I'm shocked it lasts a week... :)

wow everyone has a pretty full pipeline looks like I have some brewing to do.

I don't drink as much as I used to, 6-12 per week depending, so my pipeline is OK. 2 cases conditioning, 2 cases conditioning but ready, 1 case ready. I gotta stop brewing so many long conditioning beers....

Guest System Admin

I guess my pipeline is pretty short compared to all of yours (insert joke here).

I've got a case and a half ready to drink, 1 conditioning, and one with 1 week left in the lbk. I drink about a case every 3-4 weeks, so one lbk suffices currently. Also, I'm about the only one that drinks it, most the people I know drink lite... ick

I have 5 lbk's fermenting with 2 ready to bottle on Tuesday, then those get reloaded. Just bottled 5 cases of 16 - 1/2 litre bottles last two weeks. 15 other cases of 1/2 litre bottles in late stages of warm & cold conditioning. And 80 refills itching to be brewed...pipeline is full and ready to be emptied throughout the summer. I went heavy on the lighter brews, pilsners & lagers, for summertime consumption.

Great topic BTW

Nothing quite ready to drink yet :(
2 cases a couple of weeks from ready
1 LBK to cold crash today thru tues/wed (at least a month till its ready)
1 LBK one week in (at least 6 weeks away)
1 gal mead about 10 days in (several months from ready)

With summer coming I need at least 3 more LBK and a 5 gal setup to keep up with demand
Ill probably still buy almost as much beer, etc as I did last summer
From now to mid August I would need to brew 3 lbk a week to keep up thru Oct
And still have to buy some

Right now I have about 7 full cases and about 6 or 7 partial cases...some as little as 4 bottles, some have 15 or more. And then I have 2 currently brewing now. One I'll bottle next weekend and the other I bottle on April 6. No brewing this weekend, but I intend to next weekend. Going to try that Black IPA next.

Crap, I've lost count.. got them stored all over the house, case here, keg there, I'm not even sure anymore... I love finding little surprises when I'm walking bout da house.

"RickBeer" post=354293 said:

Given how you're drinking it in your Avatar I'm shocked it lasts a week... :)

So very true. I just wish I wasn't so lazy. If I brewed more beer at $12 per case, it would be cheaper than going out and buying from the store.

currently about 8 gallons in the keg frig 20 gallons in various stages waiting their turn in the frig

$12 a case?? only out of date beer sells that cheap around here... then again, we are taxed to death in CT.

12 cases in various stages. Will be taking 4 or 5 cases with me on a golf trip next month. I'll try and carry around 7 cases throughout the summer.

"Photon Brewing" post=354402 said:

12 cases in various stages. Will be taking 4 or 5 cases with me on a golf trip next month. I'll try and carry around 7 cases throughout the summer.

Will they all fit in your golf bag? I've always wanted to try that? :evil: :evil:

The courses we're playing have lots of sand and tons of water/marshlands. Havent picked up the stix in 5 months so I may be better served weighing down the bag with extra ammo. Could be a long week. Maybe I better bring the whole pipeline.

"Photon Brewing" post=354412 said:

The courses we're playing have lots of sand and tons of water/marshlands. Havent picked up the stix in 5 months so I may be better served weighing down the bag with extra ammo. Could be a long week. Maybe I better bring the whole pipeline.

I suggest you just play "Best Ball". That's the only golf I play now. :laugh:

Not full enought. Nothing ready to dring for at least another 2 weeks.

I'm slacking pretty bad right now. Been pretty busy as of late and haven't brewed as much as I usually do. I currently have 2 gallons in a keg that I'm drinking and another 5 gallons carbing in a keg. Nothing in the fermenters this week. That will have to change!

I have 2 cases conditioning, a 'sweet and spicy' pale ale.

That is all. :-(

I am waiting for the day where I actually have a pipeline setup and running

Just starting out. 24 liters in bottles, conditioning. They'll start being consumed next week, 8 liters at a time, one week apart. 1 LBK is in action now and starting another batch in LBK2 tonight. The wife and I consume a decent amount and we entertain a lot, so I'm not sure I'll ever have a stockpile. (She asks me every day when they'll be ready to drink.)

I think about 2 cases plus 6 pack of cider or so, nothing brewing.

3 cases in various stages of conditioning
1 LBK ready to bottle on Thurs or Sat
2 batches ready to brew
1 Lbk idle at the moment...

About 10 500 ml bottles of Patriot Lager drinking, a bottled batch of Oktoberfest about ready to drink, Winter Dark Ale just bottled, one LBK ready to bottle in a week, one just started. I've been buying beers that are new to me for research and bottles while the pipeline fills, and there's nearly a case of those available to drink.

17 batches ready to drink, 1 almost ready, and I bottle another today.

I've got parts of 8 batches in the fridge. I build up the pipeline in winter, then draw it down in summer.

Not close to being full enough.

Heavy beer in lbk
An idle lbk
1 case ready end of month.
1 case needing 3 weeks +
6 pack left of current drinking.

The case needing 3 weeks still may need much more as it was a heavy beer (1.074), and whats currently in the lbk is also heavy and most likely will need much more time (1.090). So I have a big hole cause I brewed these 2 heavy hitters close together.

I found that I really don't drink as much beer as I thought I did. SWMBO doesn't either. Maybe 4 beers per week between the two of us. 2 Cases of homebrew will last us about 3 months without any outside help from friends or consumption of any other commercial beer. (In reality, 2 cases of home brew will last us about 6 months because we drink other beers as well). What this means is that I try to keep my pipeline "full" at about 4 cases of 2 or 3 different varieties.

"Nightman" post=354648 said:

Heavy beer in lbk
An idle lbk
1 case needing 3 weeks +

The case needing 3 weeks still may need much more as it was a heavy beer (1.074), and whats currently in the lbk is also heavy and most likely will need much more time (1.090). So I have a big hole cause I brewed these 2 heavy hitters close together.

Sounds like its time to brew a wheat beer or IPA...both typically good after just a couple of weeks conditioning!! :banana:

As I typed this out I realized my pipeline is pretty full - I am taking two or three weeks off and then I am going to brew a raspberry wheat beer for the fiancee.

I have approximately the following in my pipeline:

* Classic American Light - 10x12oz & 1x1L
* Winter Dark Ale - 10x12oz & 1x1L
* Camilla's Folly - 8x12oz (My Favorite)
* Beer Machine Pilsner - 15x12oz & 2x1L
* Blue Moon Clone - 15x12oz & 2x1L
* Cascading Falls Pale Ale (Conditioning) - 1x3L (Keg), 1x1L & 12x12oz
* Chocolate Stout (Currently in LBK - Bottle on 3/30)

"manosteel9423" post=354653 said:

"Nightman" post=354648 said:

Heavy beer in lbk
An idle lbk
1 case needing 3 weeks +

Sounds like its time to brew a wheat beer or IPA...both typically good after just a couple of weeks conditioning!! :banana:

I was thinking that as well, but wasn't sure if I liked IPA as I haven't tried one before and knew they were hoppy. I don't care for a bitter beer but I have finally tried a local brewery IPA and decided its ok. I think its a choice of the hops that they used, Columbus and I don't think I care for that strong of a pine taste. Its like sucking on a dirty pine cone. I think with a choice of a different hop I may just enjoy an IPA.

Not full enough, need to finish honey doos and get back to brewing.

Next up round 2 of Nong PPS cider.

Maybe another pale or Wheat raspberry.

I have been building a pipeline of glass bottles so i can brew more. Right now I have about a 6 pack of grand bohemian and 15 of my all extract pale ale. I dont drink a lot 2-4 beers a week so have 10 cases of beer is not my goal. my goal is to have 4-5 varietys of beer in about 2-3 cases worth. That would feed me for a while. Thats why I like the LBK size ferm.