Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
Deejay

No Rinse Sanitizer

I use the no rinse sanitizer from Mr. Beer. I was wondering how long it stays "good"? I bottled today and I have 2 gallons of sanitizer in a bucket. I plan brewing later tonight. Will the sanitzer be fine to use later? I do not have a lid for it.

Thanks.

Per Midwest Supplies:

Many factors come into play in answering that question.

One Step works by producing hydrogen peroxide in the solution, so the most important thing is to keep in mind that peroxides are degraded by organic soils, light, and heat, so if you keep your solution away from those things, it will stay better, longer.

In a sealed, dark, and clean container, the solution will last up to 1 week.

In a closed, clean container in a refrigerator, the solution is good for over a month (but let it warm up before you use it).

"packerduf" post=354427 said:

Per Midwest Supplies:

Many factors come into play in answering that question.

One Step works by producing hydrogen peroxide in the solution, so the most important thing is to keep in mind that peroxides are degraded by organic soils, light, and heat, so if you keep your solution away from those things, it will stay better, longer.

In a sealed, dark, and clean container, the solution will last up to 1 week.

In a closed, clean container in a refrigerator, the solution is good for over a month (but let it warm up before you use it).

Cool, I think I will throw some tin foil over it and it should be fine. Thanks!

"manosteel9423" post=354430 said:

Yeah, One Step doesn't keep very long, but if you are using it again tonight, you are fine.

Thanks! It will only be a few hours. I threw some tin foil over the bucket so I'm hoping it will be ok.

Dump it and switch to Star-San. It's a true contact sanitizer. I keep a bucket full of it handy plus a spray bottle.

It keeps for a long time and is reusable. Best brewing sanitizer around IMO.

"BigFloyd" post=354540 said:

Dump it and switch to Star-San. It's a true contact sanitizer. I keep a bucket full of it handy plus a spray bottle.

It keeps for a long time and is reusable. Best brewing sanitizer around IMO.

+1