Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
Bingman111

Mr. Beer Professional Bottling System

I was looking into getting the Mr. Beer Professional bottling system. However I then thought I could save $18 dollars by just buying the bottle capper and the caps and recylcing the beer bottles I get from drinking other beers with pryoff caps. Can anyone tell me if they have experience using the caps from the Mr. Beer website on bottles from any microbreweries or some other brands?
I just see no need to buy beer bottles if I can recycle ones I'd normally throw out or send to the recycling center.

You are spot-on. Why buy bottles when you likely have plenty of opportunity to get usable commercial bottles. I can't speak for caps on Mr. Beer's site, as they are cheaper at the local brew store so I've never bought from Mr. Beer. Of course, a cap is a cap, so the Mr. Beer ones are fine...

I get a Homebrew Club order every two months. I change the recipes every time, but one thing that never changes is an order for bottle caps.

Not a single problem with the Mr. Beer bottle caps.

I got my first case of glass bottles from the local beverage center for the 5c @ deposit. since then I've added two cases by drinking.

"BlackholeBrewer" post=355213 said:

I've been soaking my bottles for a week now, to help remove the labels.

Have you tried using alcohol?

As many others suggest, i used oxiclean free and soaked 2 cases of weyerbacher merry monks. Labels/glue were completely gone and bottles were very clean