Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
eboucher30

Recipe List

Now, I see all the more experienced brewers listing everything you've brewed. Lots and lots of great sounding beers. But I can't seem to find a recipe thread that just has recipes. I like beer and I feel I can expand on a Mr. Beer HME but I am still learning what works well together. Am I missing something?

eboucher~

Not sure if I don't understand your question.

There is a topic heading for BASIC RECIPES and another one for ADVANCED RECIPES. In addition, Mr. Beer also has the http://www.mrbeer.com/category-exec/category_id/14

Am I not understanding you??

The BASIC RECIPES and ADVANCED RECIPES sections in this forum usually (but not always) have a the recipes in there...somewhere.

==========

If - however - you are referring to the beer listing (click on my Spoiler icon)...then those may or may not be Mr. Beer recipes. Those are more a list of what each brewer has or is working on. In many cases some of those don't even have Mr. Beer components.

....oh and Thank you, as I needed to update mine anyway....

Guest System Admin

Mr. Beer use to have a great recipe line-up.

I think that the change over to Coopers they kinda screwed the Pooch on the recipes.

Maybe in the next year they will expand it some, there was some very great recipes you can make with the new HME's that were based off the old recipes, but they "re-designed" them and I feel not as good.

Example is German Hefeweizen (New is "Who's your Hefé? German Wheat")

If you change it to:
1 Can Bavarian Weissbier HME
1 Pouch Weihenstephan Weizen Liquid Yeast
1 BrewMax LME Softpack - Pale
1 Packet Tettnanger Pellet Hops

This is almost same as old Hefe and MUCH better than the new recipe

Try Hopville.com or brewtoad.com for great recipe lists, they do include Mr. beer and cooper's products in their list of ingredients.

"eboucher30" post=361607 said:

Now, I see all the more experienced brewers listing everything you've brewed. Lots and lots of great sounding beers. But I can't seem to find a recipe thread that just has recipes. I like beer and I feel I can expand on a Mr. Beer HME but I am still learning what works well together. Am I missing something?

Im sure if you are looking a style you could ask and most will be very open to give a recipe. I think your looking for a recipe section were everyone post the recipe. From what i gather most the older brewer are still figureing out the new mr beer refills since they have changed the HME's this past year.

"bigT" post=362207 said:

Im sure if you are looking a style you could ask and most will be very open to give a recipe. I think your looking for a recipe section were everyone post the recipe. From what i gather most the older brewer are still figureing out the new mr beer refills since they have changed the HME's this past year.

+1 on that!

I''ve only made one batch with the new stuff, I still have lots of the olds stuff left over from the clearance sales... :banana:

"eboucher30" post=362459 said:

I'm disappointed I missed the clearance sales.

Subscribe to this thread Click Here

You'll get an update of all the latest "finds".