Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
MattP1981

Aztec Adjusted

I'm brewing the Aztec for my parents tonight. They got me my MB kit so figured I'd make a batch and they want the Aztec for summer. Going to add the MB Pale Lme and a few oz of carapils to hope for a good mouthfeel. Also thinking of a late hop addition, maybe Hallertauer? Haven't made this before so what says the Borg on the hop addition? Thanks in advance for any input!

I just did my second MA. The first I did straight up and produced beer, just not very quality beer. The second go around I added 1 lb. of DME, .5 oz Hallertauer and .5 oz Saaz Hops. I also added 1/2 cup of lime juice and 4 limes worth of zest. I'm hoping this is much improved from the first go around. I'll keep you posted!

Turned out pretty good, just got it to my parents this past weekend and they really liked it! I tried one out and wasnt too bad. Had that certain taste some of the other MB recipes seem to have to me. Not sure how to describe it, but the Patriot and Bewitchd had it as well. Guessing its something used in creating the HME.

I'd say the ciders aftertaste. They didn't seem to notice it but I could definitely pick up the similar taste.

I think that cidery aftertaste just takes forever to condition out. It took mine 8 weeks to condition out. I'm tasting my second go around with the MA that I modified and added to. I've allowed all of my bottles to condition 8 weeks before sampling. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Did anyone taste there beer before they bottled I brewed the Czech pilsner didn't have cider taste before I bottled it did after it conditioned it would be nice to know why this happens ?