Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
Deejay

2nd LBK

I just ordered a 2nd LBK! I am excited to get more brewing done and I am especially excited to start buying some 5 gallon recipes I have been looking at online and splitting them between the 2. That is all.

:banana: :banana: :banana:

Congrats on teh 2nd LBK. Keep'em filled!

With 2 LBKs I've been making different beers in each, and the variety is nice, but it's surprising how quickly 8 liters of a really good beer can go away. It's great that you're having a good time with it, I know I am!

"pspearing" post=363047 said:

....it's surprising how quickly 8 liters of a really good beer can go away.

This is exactly why I NEED to brew more lol! I am hoping to brew as much as I can before summer. I am also hoping to get a 5 gallon set up sometime in the near future but I am trying to keep costs down as much as I can because SWMBO is getting on my case ;)

"JohnSand" post=363063 said:

I ordered a second, same reasons.

Congrats! I can't wait for it to get here.

Congrats! I was glad when I got my 2nd LBK now I have 4 of them it good to have them filled so you alway have beer to drink and beer getting ready to drink.GOOD LUCK AND CHEERS.

Good deal Deejay, that will help you getting some beers ahead in the pipeline, But the magic number on LBK's seems to be 3. It works good with the 3 week fermenting schedule, and when and if you want to split 5 gal batches it leaves one open to do a MB.
I have 4 LBK's but mostly do 5 gals in carboys, but I usually have a couple LBK's going most of the time also. Nothing wrong with having a spare or 2 LBK. You're on the right tract.

My second LBK arrived a week ago. I was very excited. I'm fermenting a hefe I brewed over the weekend. I have my other LBK cold crashing. It's really great to be able to keep them in rotation.

I think I can agree with berryman, having 3 LBKs would be near perfection.

Yeah I agree as well. Now that I think about it I should have ordered 2 :( At only 10 bux you can't go wrong and saving on shipping is nice too. My buddy has 3 and hes says he rarely uses them. He has 3 5 gallon carboys so he doesn't need them. I am trying to get him to sell me one but he keeps saying "maybe". Hopefully he will come around.