Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
Bingman111

Ohio Brewers

I'm new to the MUG section of this site. Does anyone have any info on Ohio events, particularly Central Ohio?

Akron's Blues & Brews is August 6 this year. Not exactly central Ohio, but not clear up in Cleveland.
http://clevelandhops.com/2011/07/blues-and-brews/
I put in a volunteer application but haven't heard anything back yet. That will be my first organized beer event. There are some good local breweries and the location is convenient for me (I can walk there from home in half an hour, Segway to it in 15 minutes).

"Bingman111" post=363462 said:

I'm new to the MUG section of this site. Does anyone have any info on Ohio events, particularly Central Ohio?

What type of events are you looking for? And what area of Central Ohio are you in?

Central Ohio mainly means just that for me Columbus. I'm 25 mins away from downtown. I'll check out that north market thing as I'm up at school (Youngstown) 'til the end of the first 6 week summer semester(Begining of July). Anyone know of things going on in Columbus or or neary by in summer or later in the year?

Here's a link to a Columbus area home brewers club. They post club events and also other events on their site. I'm not a member, but have been thinking about joining.

"BlackDuck" post=363793 said:

Here's a link to a Columbus area home brewers club. They post club events and also other events on their site. I'm not a member, but have been thinking about joining.

Ahh. Thank you!

I live in ohio but actually closer to michigan. Im from toledo. The Mud Hens our AAA team for the tigers, on there promotional schedule lists a craft beer night on June 6, July 5 and August 2, . Also the Toledo Zoo on September 20 has the ZOO BREW.

Nooooo!

I missed it! :angry:

I go to school in Youngstown, but I was home (Columbus) for the weekend.

I am also from Central Ohio and would love to form a local brewing club with anyone interested. I am about 20 miles west of Columbus and work pretty close. Anybody else interested? Feel free to send me a message, or post here. Let's try to set something up.

I am about 20 minutes from downtown Columbus on the southeast side. I would be open if we could make it work.

I think if we could get a couple more members we could make it happen. Maybe have slated meetings on say the 3rd Wednesday of every month or so. Rotate the location and just get as many people as we can for a get together and brew and share?

I read with some concern that many of you live within a short drive of Columbus. I was saddened at the prospect that you have to endure living within spitting (or vomiting?) distance of Buckeye country. It must be difficult, especially if the wind is blowing the wrong way.

GO BLUE!

:laugh:

"mfields78" post=389735 said:

I think if we could get a couple more members we could make it happen. Maybe have slated meetings on say the 3rd Wednesday of every month or so. Rotate the location and just get as many people as we can for a get together and brew and share?

I'm not sure a standing monthly meeting would work with me. Family and other stuff have me pretty busy. But a meet up every now and then would work pretty good.

I'm also not sure how many of the previous posters on this thread are regulars on the Borg.

Oh....and don't mind RickBeer....he's harmless!!

RickBeer,
You're partially correct. Although I live within spitting (or vomiting) distance of them, I am not a fan of them! You sir have the hat which I wear proudly lol. Right along with my Steelers hat!!!

OK, maybe we could plan a quarterly meeting/brewing, or what ever works out that we all have the time to do. If there is anyone else on this board who would be interested in joining a homebrew club if one was to start up in Central Ohio and be central to Mr Beer users feel free to jump in, or PM me. We are trying to see how much interest there is in something like this.

"mfields78" post=389896 said:

RickBeer,
You're partially correct. Although I live within spitting (or vomiting) distance of them, I am not a fan of them! You sir have the hat which I wear proudly lol. Right along with my Steelers hat!!!

Never mind....there isn't enough interested around here for a brewing group!! :dry: :huh: :ohmy: :woohoo:

Just kidding!!!!