Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
ChefThom

First big screw up

Making a batch of the spring special and reached for the wrong bag of UME. Robust instead of smooth. What's the concensus dump and lesson learned or let it go and see what the hell it tastes like? It throws off another recipe as now I have smooth instead of robust ready. Pouring seems so wrong but bad beer is a crime against humanity.

If the final result is drinkable, I would consider it a success. Even if you make a few mistakes during the brewing process, wait until the final product before judging.

It's ruined. You must now wait 3 weeks, bottle it, and send it to me for proper disposal.

:cheers:

I bow to the will of the collective. I have been assimilated. Now I gotta figure out what to call it.

By all means ChefThom...follow it through and keep us posted! Would love to see the first pour on this one and get a review from you when its ready!

If the borg has taught me anything, its that our mistakes are sometimes inspired by the beer gods!

"manosteel9423" post=363591 said:

If the borg has taught me anything, its that our mistakes are sometimes inspired by the beer gods!

This quote should hang above every homebrewer's door.

Never, never, never EVER dump a brew until you're sure it's a lost cause.

Hmmm. White Chocolate IPA - could be interesting. I agree - Let it ride, you never know how it'll turn out until you try it.

Maybe I'll bottle and call it "Cluster F!?ck Ale".

If you used cluster hops that would be a good name. :banana:

"Fubar ale"

Keep it and give it to people you doint like. you never know it may mellow out and something good.

BeerBorg Rule #1: Never toss a beer unless your tossing bottles at a space alien invader...after you run out of ammo.