Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
marc777

Jamaica Mon

I drank one this morning after work. Now that it has lost the cidery taste (8wks C&C) its actually a pretty good brew.

Marc777 that is good to know I will be brewing the Jamaica mon next weekend. Trying to get my pipe line stocked for hopefully a long hot summer BBQ & good home brew can't get any better. Enjoy

I enjoyed this as well, was one of the first brews i made. Proper conditioning is a must for this one

You know what, I am totally talking about the old recipe. Haha, I assume they have to be similar

Unfortunately I have not had the old one, But the New one is pretty Good.

[attachment=12937]Brew9.jpg[/attachment]

Just bottled up a batch of this.I tried a sample bottle i had after 7 days of conditioning and holy crap it tasted like juicy fruit gum.lol. I will be letting this batch condition for awhile after hearing all of this.Thanks :huh:

What you learned by tasting after 7 days is invaluable - that it's not close to being ready. I'd recommend you save your beers and wait 3 more weeks before tasting it again. I found JM needed even longer before it got OK, and it's only OK - nothing amazing IMHO. Blue Patriot is a much better recipe for Patriot Ale.

"RickBeer" post=364892 said:

What you learned by tasting after 7 days is invaluable - that it's not close to being ready. I'd recommend you save your beers and wait 3 more weeks before tasting it again. I found JM needed even longer before it got OK, and it's only OK - nothing amazing IMHO. Blue Patriot is a much better recipe for Patriot Ale.

+1
8-9 weeks conditioning with the added Booster.