Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
lionsfan7705

Is this the right stuff?

There has been much discussion about using oxyclean in the LBK for cleaning, and I understand that it has to say FREE on the bottle, but I'm unfamiliar with the product and could only find this container at my local Wally World, is this the right stuff?
See attached pic.
Thanks in advance!

p.s. I'm currently standing in that isle looking at that product, and didn't have the patience to scroll through all the pages in the forum ....
[attachment=12916]image.jpg[/attachment]

That's it - but the price isn't very good, you can get it for $6.70 at Amazon delivered to your house with no shipping (see link below). That price is 12.2% higher.

I've been using OxiClean FREE for my brewing gear, it has no perfumes either and it's priced less than OxiClean Versatile, which has 40% more oxygen cleaning agent in it than OxiClean Free.

After searching for a short time I couldn't find OxiClean FREE on the OxiClean website, my only guess is it's been replaced by OxiClean Versatile.

I didn't know there was different kinds of Oxy-Clean.
What does the 'Free' on the label mean? and if i was to use just regular Oxy-Clean what would be the downsides?

"snakefetus" post=364578 said:

I didn't know there was different kinds of Oxy-Clean.
What does the 'Free' on the label mean? and if i was to use just regular Oxy-Clean what would be the downsides?

The "Free" has no perfume or dyes. You don't want that stuff in your beer!

If it's free, why do they charge so much?

Seriously, though, I've been using generic "oxy-clean" products from dollar stores and local grocery stores and they seem to work great, also, for very low price. I think I've been getting a one pound jar for a dollar.

Aaaahhhhhh somebody really posted a new kids on the block video on my question ... Click click boom!
What? I missed patbattle? My aim will improve!

"Joechianti" post=364624 said:

If it's free, why do they charge so much?

Seriously, though, I've been using generic "oxy-clean" products from dollar stores and local grocery stores and they seem to work great, also, for very low price. I think I've been getting a one pound jar for a dollar.

i'd like to, but none of ones i know of carries the unscented type.

I'll have to look around ... Never looked before ... Last batch I made got the LBK really nasty and hard too clean
so I had to figure something out. What dollar store do you find this stuff at? And what's the name of the cleaner,

I've been using the store brand from Kroger since I started brewing.
A couple of dollars cheaper and I don't see any difference in that and Oxi.