Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
capecoral_joe

I may need help

Greetings! I'm a brewing newbie with my third batch, Aztec Mexican Cervesa, in the LBK. I started it Sunday afternoon and I still don't seem to see much activity in the keg after 48 hours. I did not add any kind of booster pack and I'm not quite ready to experiment with anything extra so this is a straight up mix from Mr Beer. The LBK is in a cooler with a stick thermometer taped on the side, I have been checking the temp 2-3 times a day, it was around 70 degrees at 6pm today. I'm sure it's ok and it's not time to panic right?

Is there trub on the bottom? If there is then its fine and RDWHAHB. If not then we need more information such as procedures, pitch temps to tell what happened.

i did take it out of the cooler (very slowly) and it looked like some trub on the bottom so I guess it will be fine. I was concerned because the American Ale I made a month ago was very active in the first 24 hours, but perhaps that was because of the booster pack?

Temp, amount of fermentables, sugars, conditon of the yeast, etc. There are a lot of varables. You got trub, the yeasties r doing their thang. Relax, have a beer or 5.

Decisions, Decisions!!!
So many Decisions!
Sit Back and Enjoy it.
Just have your next one ready when this one is done, makes the wait a little more do able.

Welcome to the Obsession !

:cheers:

Not all fermentations are the same. You will find that you will have batches that want to blow the lid off the lbk and others that are simply boring. As stated, if u have trub on the bottom, you're brewing. BTW not sure what types of beer you are into but I just tasted the Brown Eyed Girl today after only 3 weeks in the bottle (trub bottle) and it is outstanding and will only get better with age. Point is if u don't like something you brewed don't get discouraged and quit there are some really good recipes on this forum and Mr beer website to try.

Guest System Admin

Rule #47: Almost all ferments are different.

Rule #48: See Rule #47 again.

RDWHAHB