Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
aggiefam06

Blue patriot

I would like to make the Blue Patriot, but the receipt does not indicate the can size. It calls for two cans of blueberries in syrup. However, it does not give the ounce size of the can. A little help please.

Bob

They are assuming you will buy the 15 ounce cans from their site. The grocery store has the same ones, even the same Oregon brand. (By the way, if you ordered the Blue Patriot recipe, the fruit is included.)

Add the fruit after 7 days, sanitizing the blender first. Gently pour in then put the lid back on the LBK. Ideally you have the lid off for around 10 - 15 seconds. Gently pour - you don't want to aerate things in the LBK.

Has anyone added an LME softpack? Will there be any issues in brewing the Blue patriot adding a packet of LME pale?

No issue. In fact, I made Blue Patriot with 10oz of LME and 4 oz of booster. I wouldn't use a full pack of booster AND the LME - either eliminate it or cut it back. My 10oz was because I buy it in bulk at my LHBS and that's what was left in the container. In the future, I wouldn't use any booster - just the LME.

Awesome RickBeer. Going to experiment with the Blue Patriot with 1/2 pack (6.25oz) of booster, and one pack (8.81 oz) of Bewmax LME softpack Pale. I hope to add body to the beer. I made the Cowgirl Honey, but it seemed to lack the body.

Hey Rick,

Did you add any hops? i was thinking of adding liberty Hops to give it a hint of bitterness.

I did not add hops. Only done that with Bohemian Bronze. And that was dry hopped. I'm going to make a batch of Caribou Slobber in the next week or so with hops - and with no HME, just steeped grains, LME, and hops.

Many of the Mr. Beer recipes lack body. I add a pound of pale LME to nearly everything, and on the last 4 batches I've steeped - carafoam and some other grains - but haven't tasted those first batches yet, they just hit 4 weeks on Friday. I will probably try some later this week.

Thanks. Do you see anu negaitive to adding the dry hops (Liberty), with the LME/booster and berries?

Have no idea. I'm not a hops expert. I happen to like malty beers, and haven't been experimenting with hops.

Most fruit beers do not require a hop addition. It tends to clash with the fruit. Fruit beer tends to be more malty. Just the style of beer and my opinion. FWIW. :cheers: