Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
TheGreatWhiteWolf

Feedback on my brewski labels?

I decided to call the my house Golden Stag Brewery (mostly from a private joke) and I made some labels for my first 2 batches of beer and I'd love to know what you guys (and gals) think.

Guest System Admin

If the taste of your brews live up to the labels, you're livin' large. Nice work.

What's your software of choice?

And, what do you print them on (or do you upload to a website for printing)? What I'm getting at is: do you cut them to the "shield" shape, or are they square or oval with white space around the perimiter?

[attachment=13228]user83559_pic43401_1255974360_2013-05-06-2.gif[/attachment]

It is super simple to make these labels. I went to www.beerlabelizer.com and there you can make several different styles of labels. Some of the labels however are what they call "Premium Labels" (like my shield one) but for a one time fee of $5 you get lifetime access to all the designs.
From there I went down to an office supply store and bought standard 8.5x11 sized sticker sheets and printed the labels onto that then cut them out. (The pack of sticker paper was $10 for 15 sheets and I fit 9 labels on each)

Hope that helps!
(and I am not promoting the above website, merely letting you know what I used)

I thought I recognized the template! I use the same site, although I don't usually use that template. I did recently, though, for my South Ferry Steam Beer.

What I do is print up a sheet of six labels at home, then go to Office Depot to get enough laser copies for all my bottles (laser copies don't run when they get wet). Then I cut them out (rather tedious, but this is a labor of love) and adhere them by brushing the backs of the labels with milk. Believe it or not, this works great, but only with glass bottles, not PET.

They look fantastic, and they come off just by running them under hot water.

Good looking labels! Nice job!

Here's my last one. I like labels. Makes your beer taste better. :barman:
[attachment=13261]LAConfidential.JPG[/attachment]