Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
Darth Trumpetus

Lime Aztec Cerveza

Since my Mr. Beer basic recipes have come out decent to really good, I decided to get a bit frisky and try my on concoction:

Mr. Beer Mexican Aztec Cerveza
1 lb DME Pale
.5 lb Brewmax Pale LME
.5 oz Cascade
.5 oz Centennial
1 oz Perle
zest of one lime
Saflager W-34/70

Checked final gravity today and it's right on target. Had to taste - even though it's flat beer it was awesome! Nice smoothness, grapefruit flavors, very slight floral aroma (need more aroma hops next time), and nice dry finish. Can't wait for this to condition out.

It was very cloudy. Would it make sense to move it to a secondary for a day or so to reduce sediment? I have it lagering at 48 degrees. Would dropping the temp more settle things out just as well?

+1 on cold crashing. 2-3 days in the fridge will clear it. Then bottle while it is still cold.

No need for secondary just cold crash for 3 days that will clear it up. Once in the bottle and allowed to condition it will clear up after being put in the fridge.

I agree with everyone else. If you cold crash it for 2-3 days, you'll be ready to bottle. I brewed a MA Modification that added DME and some hops, I was impressed with how it tasted flat. I'll be tossing mine in the fridge next week!