Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
SOL Csquared

Killians Irish Red

Hello fellow brewers,

Being an active consumer of homebrews I was curious if anyone knew a clone formula for a Killians or any Irish Red. I have searched some other sites and have not found one very reliable.

Thanks
Happy Memorial Day

:borg: Welcome to the BeerBorg Information Center SOL Csquared. You will be assimilated. Resistance is Quite Futile: WE have Beer.

What level Brewer are you?

Do a search for the Nong Irish Red.

My dad and i @myhorselikes beer, has been brewing since this past Christmas. We have done and AG and started some of the recipes found on this forum.

So I would classify myself as little above a newbie. haha.

Thanks

Welcome to the Borg!!

I have brewed the Nong Irish Red twice, and it has never disappointed. Excellent flavor and refreshing, slightly floral/woody hoppiness (if that's even a word).

If I'm not mistaken, Killian's is actually a lager, and not something recommended for newbies to take on because it is a lot longer, more labor intensive process that requires more precise temperature control at colder temperatures than ales. The Nong Irish Red recipe I find actually tastes better than Killian's, and being an ale, is easier to make.

Thanks philm for the input! I can't wait to make it.

With the assistance of @myhorselikesbeer, I feel we can take on the challange. We plan to try our first lager.

We have read about the percise temperature for a lager being it must ferment in a colder climate, if I'm not mistaken.

We also just pulled out of the LBK, the Jamaica Mon, and I must say it is quite tasty.