What sale recipes did you guys buy?

I got the following:

Dipstick Double Brown
German Doppelbock
Winter Dark Lager
Oatmeal Stout
Bullseye Beer
Bavarian Dark Wheat

Along with 2 of each UME type to give each recipe some more ABV if needed and 6 liquid yeasts.

I'm psyched!! :chug: :gulp: :stout:

Neldred wrote:

I got the following:

Dipstick Double Brown
German Doppelbock
Winter Dark Lager
Oatmeal Stout
Bullseye Beer
Bavarian Dark Wheat

Along with 2 of each UME type to give each recipe some more ABV if needed and 6 liquid yeasts.

I'm psyched!! :chug: :gulp: :stout:

WOW! You should be psyched!

I will have to brew on with stock on hand.

You my friend will be a busy brewer.

I'm still waiting on payday (Friday) before I can even contemplate ordering. I'll have to see how much I can afford to spend, though I'm hoping to order 2-3 recipes.

I still have a bunch (12 cans of HME) of stuff left over from the Bed Bath and Beyond holiday sale and the sale last March. But I did buy four batches of the German Dopplebock (it's my favorite recipe) and one fireside porter that I'm going to make into a bock too. I didn't buy much because I am all set for beteween now and the hoidays but I am pumped to get the bock HME's.

My Brew Club shipped Monday with Bewitched Red Ale, Octoberfest Vienna, both kits deluxe, and two Archer's Traditional Hard Cider. My Sale Special shipped Monday with Holiday Party Ales 1, 2 and 3, Jefferson's Colonial Ale, Caribbean Lime Lager, Ginger's Castaway and Honey Brown Ale.

I'm going to be one busy brewer. I have 3 fermenters (new) of both beer and cider.

In addition I'm planning to make some mead.

Vic :woohoo:

Aminal wrote:

My Brew Club shipped Monday with Bewitched Red Ale, Octoberfest Vienna, both kits deluxe, and two Archer's Traditional Hard Cider. My Sale Special shipped Monday with Holiday Party Ales 1, 2 and 3, Jefferson's Colonial Ale, Caribbean Lime Lager, Ginger's Castaway and Honey Brown Ale.

I'm going to be one busy brewer. I have 3 fermenters (new) of both beer and cider.

In addition I'm planning to make some mead.

Vic :woohoo:

The Holiday Party Ale was my least favorite of my 12 brews. I think I used too much orange zest (& I grated it & just dumped it into the keg so it clogged up the tap while bottling). Please keep me informed about the mead. Are you using Joe's Ancient Orange recipe? I mentioned (another thread) that I tasted it after 3 weeks & was very impressed. Can't wait to bottle after Labor Day.

I have never made mead before. I have a KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid) mead recipe that calls for 3 lbs. honey, water and yeast, however, I plan to add yeast nutrient to help the yeast ferment. I also got the recipe for Joe's, and my niece really likes Redstone Juniper Mead, which I think is like Lithuanian Mead from GotMead.com.

I question the amount of spices and adjuncts to be used in these recipes and do not wish to over or under spice them. Keep us posted on the Orange Mead. Did you see the 5-6 bottle chocolate mead experiment done on the Mr. Beer Forum.com? Now where is my Nesquick coco mix?

Vic

I'm waiting to see how much I can afford, before the 10th when the sale ends. I already bought a bunch of refills from Amazon a couple weeks ago during the 4 for 3 sale they had (and still have). So, I'm pretty stocked up, but don't want to miss out on this sale.

I plan to buy at least $100 worth of stuff (to qualify for free shipping). I want to get the $10 extra fermenting barrel on sale, plus $90 worth of refills.

Between the Amazon sale and this sale, I should be stocked up with a years worth of refills.

johned1 wrote:

I'm waiting to see how much I can afford, before the 10th when the sale ends. I already bought a bunch of refills from Amazon a couple weeks ago during the 4 for 3 sale they had (and still have). So, I'm pretty stocked up, but don't want to miss out on this sale.

I plan to buy at least $100 worth of stuff (to qualify for free shipping). I want to get the $10 extra fermenting barrel on sale, plus $90 worth of refills.

Between the Amazon sale and this sale, I should be stocked up with a years worth of refills.

Free shipping and a big recipe sale is a sweet deal. An extra fermenter will also help with your pipeline.

My first order from the Club was fermenters (3 beer, 3 cider) and the larger spigots. My second order was spigots with bottling wands. Now I'm trying to figure out when to brew, what to brew, when to bottle and when to drink. WCPA is my first brew, but I'm adding light DME to enhance it a bit. Then there is at least on traditional cider, and then from there to Pumpkin Porter and Holiday Party Ales.

Busy, busy, busy.

Vic

I was thinking about getting the spigot with bottling wand. But my question is, does the wand have to be on the spigot while fermenting, or do you just have the spigot on and then put on the wand for the bottling process?

an order of triple tippel ( My Friend will help me brew that one)

Order #2 (Sending out on the 3rd next month)
Bewitched red ale + golden cowboy lager each with booster packs

Also I would like to note that I the spigot and pouring wand combo so I will update about if it has to be attached while fermenting. I would believe so but I have a perfect place for my set up already so it won't be much of a bother. Also it helps to not aerate the beer when bottling. So I am much more interested in seeing how that affects the carbination period.

I should get the wand and spigot tomorrow. so I will update and post pictures

johned1 wrote:

I was thinking about getting the spigot with bottling wand. But my question is, does the wand have to be on the spigot while fermenting, or do you just have the spigot on and then put on the wand for the bottling process?

Wand off for fermenting, wand on for bottling. Danielson.

i plan to order the pumpkin ale recipe for thanksgiving time.

i want to do octoberfest, obviously, then the pumpkin ale for thanksgiving, the st. nick's for christmas. i have the makings for everything but the pumpkin ale.

my brew shelf is still going strong ingredient-wise. ;)

I ordered:
Bombay Bliss IPA
Strong Arm Porter
Nightshade Ale
Hill Town Honey Wheat

I have 2 pounds of Pilsen DME and half a pound of Belgian Clear Candi, too. Those will fill in some of the voids a few of these recipes. Can't wait to get my empty kegs gurgling again...

Augsburg Dark
Snow Drift
Jamaican Mon
Extra Fermenter

Never made recipes before, just refills. I'm psyched.

Teton Strong Ale

American Style Premium (For the in-laws)

Bengal Tiger IPA

St. Valentine's Cherries in Honey Ale

Snow Drift Dark Lager

Call Me Ruby

Dipstick Double Brown
Honey Brown Ale
Cletus the Lionhearted
Shillelagh Stout
The Dubliner
Hickory Switch Porter
Derailment Porter

My main reason for these choices is to pickup some HME's and UME's and hops that I'll use in some custom brews of my own design.

:chug:

For me:

Gold Dust Light
Stars and Strips Lager

For wife (and me):

Rasberry Golden Gate
Strawberry Blonde
Holiday Cheer
King's Nectar

I bought:

Shilegah Stout (probably spelled wrong)
Chocalate Dipped Strawberries

I would have bought many more, but my wife is due to give birth within the next couple weeks, and the hormones are raging. If she would see a big package from Mr. Beer I would be done for!

mxstar21 wrote:

I bought:

Shilegah Stout (probably spelled wrong)
Chocalate Dipped Strawberries

I would have bought many more, but my wife is due to give birth within the next couple weeks, and the hormones are raging. If she would see a big package from Mr. Beer I would be done for!

You are very wise and considerate to take your wifes feelings into account at this special time. You and she are fulfilling Gods first commandment to us. Please keep us posted and send appropriate pics when possible.

Or you could have the big box from Mr Beer delivered to a neighbor who is "in the know". Then sneek the cans of mix into the house in your pockets.

Deja' Vu for all of you! :)

and between visits, you should have 3 days of brewing up time. (might want to order extra kegs, eh?) ;)

I loaded up:

Jamaica Mon
Holiday Party Ale #3 (which is just WW + Booster...dad's Christmas present)
Tripel Tipple (to make Bohemian Bronze + another Jamaica Mon)
Hop Head Red
Basic Brown (to make Irish Red)
Wicked Monk (to make Witty Monk + Irish Red + Saaz hops for the Bohemian)
Northern Brew Hops (adding to Hop Head Red)
Willamette Hops (adding to Jamaica Mon)

...plus with what I have on hand now (Vienna, Mellow Amber, Bewitched) combined with the leftover cans from my order, I'll also be making...

- another Jamaica Mon
- Riptide Red with Perle Hops

So that's 7 brews for me and 1 for my Dad at Christmas...which reminds me, I need to slot his Whispering Wheat Light (as I call it) so it matures in time.

Unfortunately, finances prevented me from taking as much advantage of the sale as I would have liked. I did get:

Cherry Brown Ale (I'm a sucker for cherries)

Also ordered a Pilothouse Pilsner because I've been wanting to try it.