Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
timothyadil

13 week fermentation- salvageable?

Hello- I made my beer in the fermenter tub and left for a vacation and never got around to bottling my beer once I got back (just one of the basic beer kits)- I have left it untouched for now ~13 weeks and am wondering- is it safe to bottle/drink? or is this a situation where I should just throw it out? My guess is that I have ruined it but just wondering if there is any saving chance?

Thanks everyone

Smell it and taste it. If it smells and tastes okay then bottle it.

I did the same as you once and as I was dumping the batch I realized that it smelled good and I tasted a bot and it was good but I had dumped the majority of the batch.

There was a post around here somewhere about a guy who had left his beer in the fermenter for about a year and he bottled it...don't remember the outcome, but the best advice is always to bottle, wait four weeks and try one. If its terrible, then you'll know why, otherwise, you have beer!

Yup, You've already spent the money on ingredients. You've got nothing to lose by bottling it.

:borg: Welcome to the BeerBorg Information Center timothyadil. You will be assimilated. Resistance is Quite Futile: WE have BEER.

You should have a layer of Co2 guarding that beer in the keg. so, give it a quick taste, and unless it's nasty (shouldn't be) bottle, and wait.