Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
Tommz81

Favorite Brews

What are some of you favorite brews. Give me some ideas with the recipes on how you'll cooked them. Hopes, HME's, etc.

I'm drinking the Roses Rambling Red recipe from MB right now. I brewed it pretty close to the MB directions (except for time frame) and really like it. It may be a little too malty though. Might benefit from a short hop boil or a dry hop. Maybe Saaz? Someone who knows more about hops may be able to chime in on what would work best. I'm really happy with it though and would recommend trying it as is before making any modifications.

Rose's Ramblin' Red, 1776 Ale, Defib Doppelbock, and Brown Eyed Girl are amongst my favorites. Brown Eyed Girl reminds me of a cross between a New Castle and Leinie's Fireside Nut Brown. 1776 Ale (I named it Founding Fathers Ale) is an easy drinking session style beer with a bit of a hop backbone, but not bitter-at about 4.2%abv you get a good flavored beer that won't knock you on your ass. I agree that Ramblin' Red is more on the malty side. Be careful if you brew the DD as it carries a high above and will take several months to condition well; also lbk temp jumps 10+ degrees so ferment on the low side. One quick tip, though some may disagree, is that any recipe that has hop additions I always give the hops short boil with the lme or DME to add flavor.

American Wheat:

4lbs Wheat DME/ 4.4lbs LME - OG 1.057
9g hallertau 60 min - FG 1.013
7g saphir 15 min - SRM 8
7g saphir 3min - IBU 14.9
WB-06 - ABV 5.8

only boil half your dme/lme add the remainder the last 10 min of boil. boil it all an hour and it'll be way too dark.

I thaught that the Camilla's folly was pretty good.