Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
twyjad

day 4

49 days altogether. At least. Only 45 to go.

Spend the time looking at Buffalo Street and imaging the Little Rascals on it.

get a couple more lbks, some more bottles, and start a pipeline. after the first 7 week wait, no more waiting, new brew popping out every week.

I too wanted to pull my hair out after 4 days. But with the help of the borg I was able to wait on my first brew. 6 weeks I made it and my first glass was outstanding!

Here's two ways we can help.

[attachment=13655]bedrestraints.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=13656]leatherstrapstraightjacket2BLKBACKGOUND.jpg[/attachment]

Seriously :laugh:, it is painful. I got another LBK pretty quick. Even that wasn't really meeting my need, so I started doing two at once every 3 weeks until I built a pipeline. We drink around 4 - 6 a week, so it lasts a long time, but I like having 12 or so different brews to pick from. And doing two LBKs or two 2.5 gallons (full LBKs) at once really makes a difference.

+1 To everyone's advice about getting another LBK or two or three. And I would also go out and scrounge up some of those glass beer bottles. While there's nothing wrong with the 1L Mr. Beer bottles, it really feels like the smaller bottles last longer. 22 of the 12oz bottles vs. 8 of the 1L bottles. Same amount of beer...but the 22 stretch out a little longer.

I would get another LBK and plan to brew on or around the time you bottle. It looks like you still have 2 or so weeks to get one. With a pipeline built it gets easier. But I agree with it being rough until you have that built.

"twyjad" post=377326 said:

This brewing is taking forever...

Truer words have never been spoken.

Time to be harvesting some bottles with free beer in them! :woohoo: :woohoo:

Pop off tops of course!
6 more weeks and you'll have enough to support another LBK or two! :cheers:

Patience grasshopper...

You need a pipeline...

[attachment=13663]Pipeline_2013-06-04.JPG[/attachment]

To have a pipeline you need to give in to the obsession...

[attachment=13664]Obsessed_2013-06-04.JPG[/attachment]

Then you will have BEER. :stout:

Well worth the wait for a first pour.

Definitely start more pipeline ASAP! Those 8 bottles won't last very long. :gulp:

"Brewbirds" post=377460 said:

Patience grasshopper...

You need a pipeline...

[attachment=13663]Pipeline_2013-06-04.JPG[/attachment]

To have a pipeline you need to give in to the obsession...

[attachment=13664]Obsessed_2013-06-04.JPG[/attachment]

Then you will have BEER. :stout:

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice !!! B)

[video width=425 height=344 type=youtube]cokwoi5GPyQ

Drives everyone crazy. That's why I got a second LBK a few months in, and then within 4 or 5 months had both of them going at the same time, building a pipeline, given me a dozen choices within 5 months.

Once you know you like it, get a second LBK and do two every 3 weeks for a few batches and you'll be much happier.

Draw a small sample and taste it. If it tastes like flat beer, it is ready. If it still tastes sweet, let it ferment a little longer.

I recommend putting a hydrometer on your shopping list. This is the sure fire way to know when it's done fermenting.

Rick

No, wait two weeks for it to carbonate, and then another two for it to condition. That is the standard most people do. I normally do sneak a taste at about 3 weeks in the bottle though just to see how things are coming along.

At the top of every thread you'll see REPLY TOPIC, SUBSCRIBE, FAVORITE, and NEW TOPIC. I strongly suggest you click on FAVORITE when you read something you want to remember. Clicking on MY TOPICS at the top, or clicking on your name after the word WELCOME, then clicking on FAVORITES, gets you to that list.