Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
JimH

My first original recipe was a success!

I couldn't take the waiting anymore, so even though it was young at only 2 weeks in the bottle, I snuck a taste of my first original recipe 'Murican Wheat Ale! It was absolutely delicious! It came out exactly how I wanted. A little more bitter for a wheat beer than you would expect, but with great grapefruit aroma and flavor from the Falconer's Flight hops. SWMBO liked it, and even her non-beer liking friend said she liked it.
[attachment=13668]MuricanWheat1.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=13669]MuricanWheat2.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=13670]MuricanWheat3.jpg[/attachment]

She was a little dark, but that's okay. Great head and pretty decent head retention. The lacing on the glass was an added bonus. I am pretty excited about this beer. It represents every reason why I wanted to get into homebrewing: To make what I like to drink, make a good beer, and a did what I wanted even though my hop selection was not typical to wheat beer style! :):) :gulp:

Edit: Sorry for the quality of the pictures.

Congrats! Falconers Flight is one of the best hop blends out there, I've brewed some decent IPA's with them.

Nice :chug: , my first (pure mine) creation was an IPA with Falconer's lets just say it didn't last long.

"eboucher30" post=377493 said:

She's a bute! Conrgats.... recipe?

The name is a link to the post where I put the recipe.

Thanks guys. It was a great experience and I am happy! FF might be my new favorite hop! Using what I didn't in this recipe in my Amber Ale. Hopefully it works as well!

looks great, can't believe how dark and hearty it looks for a 3.7 ABV with just a little crystal 40. I think I want to make something like this one :)

Great Job Jim!

Enjoy every drop of it, but be sure to keep brewing in the meantime, 'csuse when it's gone, it's gone!

The Hat is wise, it is just beginning!

Mawwhwwwhwwaaaa!

:drinking:

Nice job Jim! Your hooked! :gofish: