Sign in to follow this  
Header75

recipe comments please

Planning on kegging a cider...........what do you guys think:

4gallons of apple juice

1pound of sugar

Ferment with champagne yeast

When done fermenting....kill yeast with p sorbate

Keg with adding 1 more gallon of apple juice to back sweeten and adding blackberry extract

Drink up after carbing

How does this look...........please advice. What should I change.

Really? You post around 11:30 at night, wait 37 minutes, and then ask why no one responded? Shouldn't recipes questions go in one of the two recipe sections?

Well, I think that sounds great, because it is about the best way I have heard of to make a carbed sweet cider.

Monty

Yeah, Rick's right about where the comment should go AND for the original poster to be a little bit patient in our responding.

Unfortunately, I don't do cider...but I would assume that if you just enter the word cider in the search space...I believe there's probably a bunch of other cider recipes. I bring this up because it might help you determine if yours is somehow out of whack while waiting for a response.

"RickBeer" post=377628 said:

Really? You post around 11:30 at night, wait 37 minutes, and then ask why no one responded? Shouldn't recipes questions go in one of the two recipe sections?

Hahahah! you counted the minutes? It was not 11:30 in my part of town. But yes, I am very impatient. I was heading to the store and wanted to see what everyone thought. I guess I have been spoiled by the borg. All my questions get answered right away. :cheers: Don't be upset!

"Banjo-guy" post=377682 said:

I would of saved myself a lot of time by using the nong cider recipes. Borg member yankeedag has done a lot of work on ciders.. He has some great recipes. Check out this thread.

http://community.mrbeer.com/forum/9-basic-recipes/353761-my-first-hard-cider

I have read all about the Nong and plan on doing exactly that one day. I was just trying to come up with my own recipe. I have also spent several days on Brewtalk cider recipes. The borg is always a good place to have comments on a recipe. Thank you. :cheers: :cheers: