Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
eurotexan

Best IPA? Suggestions? Saint Arnolds?

Saint Arnolds has become one of my favorite IPAs... just curious of your personal favorites? :chug:

Any of mine. They are are always brewed the way I like them!! I actually very rarely buy beer any more. Since I keg now I do not need the bottles with free beer anymore have to many bottles as it is.

I had a black IPA at a beer fest a week or so ago. Widmer Bros - Pitch Black IPA

It was pretty good as it didn't have that standard IPA Bitter After Taste (BAT).

Monty

If I'm talking about ones I can actually get:
1. Jai Alai
2. Two Hearted
3. Simcoe Double IPA
4. 75 Minute IPA
5. Stone IPA

If I'm talking about the best I ever had the pleasure of tasting:
1/2. Pliny the Elder / Header Topper - yeah it's a tie, both amazing
3. Ruination 10th Anniversary
4/5. Simtra Triple IPA / Gangster Frog IPA

Russian River PTY
Russian River PTE
Ballast Point Sculpin IPA
Stone Ruination 10th Anniversary
Hangar 24 Double IPA
Firestone Double Jack
Russian River Blind Pig

to name a few...

Rye da Tiger by Three Floyds.. It is the best beer I have ever had and only comes out in December :angry:

Blackstone Adam Bomb IPA was rated in a blind pairing test in the Great American IPA Challenge as the best IPA in the country. They took 16 of the best rated IPAs on RateBeer and paired them up for blind tastings. The testers learned that name recognition and reputation has some effect on your perception of a beer, as the normal IPAs people name (Bell's, Dogfishhead, etc.) all ended up at the back of the pack, while relative unknown from Nashville won outright. Love that I can get it when I'm up north in Nashville. I really like that IPA (as well as several on this list). Glad Adam finally got his named beer out there (Blackstone names their beers after the kids of the owner... Adam, Charles, Chase, etc...).

As a side note, the brewer at Blackstone, Dave Miller, is a homebrewing legend who went pro a long while back. He has great homebrewing books out that are available on Amazon and elsewhere, including his classic Homebrewing Guide and the new Brew Like a Pro.

3567572.png43205_orig.png
(click image for story)