Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
agentguerry

Classic American Light - user recommended times

I'm going to do the classic american lager light, and was looking for user recommended Ferment AND Bottling times.

Its default is minimum 7 days ferment, and 2 weeks in the bottles.

What are your recommendations?

I will search through the forums also. Thanks!

You subject says classic american light but you post says lager. which one will you actually be brewing?

Agentguerry, I did 3 weeks in the lbk, then tested conditioning by tasting weekly starting at 4 weeks. At about 8 weeks the cidery taste was gone, weeks 11 & 12 we excellent (and all I had). I have no idea what the pitch / ferment temps were -- too new to check -- and that may make a difference. Happy brewing!

yeah sorry lol. I meant "light" did a nice strikeout.

Is the same amount of sugar also recommended as stated on the HME can? (2.5 teaspoons)

I did the amount on the initial IPA that came with my set, and it seemed WAY too carbonated.

Thanks all.

Often asked. Lots of posts on thus subject. Many use less. www.screwybrewer.com or try 65% of recommended amounts.

"agentguerry" post=380281 said:

yeah sorry lol. I meant "light" did a nice strikeout.

Is the same amount of sugar also recommended as stated on the HME can? (2.5 teaspoons)

I did the amount on the initial IPA that came with my set, and it seemed WAY too carbonated.

Thanks all.

I just finished the CAL. Ferment in the LBK for 3 weeks then let it condition in the bottles for 2 months to ensure the beer gets rid of that unpleasant cidery taste. the instructions give you the amount of sugar to bottle size. 32oz is 2.5 tsp

yeah I just actually finished putting the Beer in the Keg.

thanks for the recommendations.

I was just reading through some of Rick's posts on sugar amounts. I think I may do a little less this time, as far as the sugar.

3 weeks in the keg, and then i'll let bottle em up.

thanks a bunch brewers!

With bottle priming you can do a few different levels and compare them.

Thanks RickBeer. Bottled up the beer tonight. got 22 12 oz. bottles.

did them about half an half with 1/2tsp and 3/4 tsp sugar.

well i have the cal carbing atm....been sitting about 3 weeks or. i used about 2 tsp of cane sugar for the liter bottles still has that cidery taste tho. i can tell the carbonation is increasing by the mouthfeel ive tasted a couple times along the way and at first is seems kinda like a beer flavored water. I guess i'll be waitin a little longer tho hopefully that cider taste goes away completely and ill be good :gulp:

Well after letting them carb up for about 3 weeks, I tried both 1/2 and 3/4 tsp.   The 1/2 tsp has the taste I was looking for.  and now after 5 weeks, the 1/2 tsp. still tastes good.  Just enough carb for what I wanted.

For you guys that bottle prime, do you prefer white/table sugar, corn sugar, or do the carb tablets work well?  I'm about to start on my Patriot Lager.