Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
Brewermeister Meisterbrewer

Just Introducing Myself...

Hello everyone!

Got me a Mr. Beer kit for Father's Day! Had seen it in the store before, but wasn't sure about trying it. Now that I got one...! :stout:

Going to start with the mix that came with the kit, but I'm a porter man, myself. Once I get the feel of doing homebrew, that's going to be my next project!

Going to read up on the posts here, but just wanted to say hi.

Welcome to the forum BMMB (that name is a mouthfull)! You found the right place, there are lots of knowledgeable people here, and we are here to help you make better beer!

Welcome to the Borg! You've discovered a great forum and and some great folks! Dive into recommended reading and you will be making great beer in no time!

Welcome to the obsession. It's always good to welcome new folks aboard. The sticky topics contain a lot of great information. And of course, questions are always welcome too.

:cheers:

Rick

Welcome to the obsession!

A fan of the old claymation Christmas programs eh?

Pay attention, these guys know how to make great beer and they love to help you!

Welcome! Don't give up after that original recipe. Learn from it and then go for that Porter!

Welcome and congrats on signing up to the forum.

I am new here too, and everyone here is very helpful and nice. (unlike most forums)

Any questions arise, shoot em here, as everyone can add useful info.

Good luck on your brews!

Definitely do as much reading on the forum as possible, namely about fermenting and conditioning time. We all pretty much throw out the 2-2-2 method and instead adopted the 3-4 method (as a football coach I'm more of a 4-3 guy, but that's for a different forum).

Welcome and happy brewing!

:chug:

:borg: Welcome to the BeerBorg Information Center BM. You will be assimilated. Resistance is Quite Futile: WE have Beer.

Making beer really is quite simple. We just love to over complicate it all. So follow the KISS rules, and things will go a lot easier on your learning curve.

Start with the MB Kits, and soon, you will learn what grains to add to improve their taste even more.

Remember to chase TASTE not ABV and your beer will reward you.

Welcome a :borg: .

I like to remind new members to be sure and register their new kit on the Mr. Beer site.

They sent me a 20% off coupon which I used to get more LBKs (little brown kegs).

These are must haves because the obsession will soon kick into full throttle. It is a fact of nature.
There is nothing you can do to prevent it. I think Mr. puts brewing pheromones on their boxes. Once you get a kit there is no turning back. The :borg: knows this. Resistance is futile. You must brew. :cheers:

Welcome! This is a great, helpful forum.
I started 6 months ago with zero knowledge about brewing. I had the Mr Beer kit that came with a West Coast Pale Ale. It was very average but I learned about the the basic process of sanitizing ,making a wort, fermenting and bottling.
I've raised my level a lot in the last 6 months and that is all due to the info and help from this forum.

I still have a long way to go but everything I have made up until now has always been drinkable and lately I am really starting to like what I'm brewing

Your going to have a lot of fun with the new obsession..