Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
Dibs

LBK has internal growth

Sitting here enjoying my Very FIRST batch of beer. The "Big ole' Czech Pilsner", getting ready for the Blackhawks parade from work tomorrow. :party:

First of all, what a difference 4 from 3 weeks in the bottle makes. The cider i tasted last week is slowly fading into a good sweetness the dme i added must have contributed to. I only wish i didn't massacre the hop sacks/ amounts and this would have been perfect.

Anyway, i just finished bottling my Mexican Cervesa and noticed an internal bubble in the plastic of my LBK. I got a second one (a gold kit) to build a pipeline and this one seems to have a growth i did not notice when brewing the cervesa. It does look scratched on the outside near the bubble, but not on the inside. The back of the inside just seems like a bulge in the plastic. The size of it is about a AA Battery right on the back wall of the LBK along the line where you can tell they seal them.

Cause for concern? I'm about to do my first LBK size BIAB and don't want anything to go wrong.

Congratulations on the brews and welcome to the BORG.

If the wart is in the back where the measurements are then it's alright. It comes from the molding process.
I've got 4 and they all have one to some degree or another!

Enjoy the obsession!

Mine have a similar area in the back, like the molded plastic was folded over on itself. I'd say if it's not leaking air in or out it's not a problem.

+4

I have 4 myself and noticed this too a few days ago.
I thought it was a big mold or something until I saw it was in each one at the same spot.
Also noticed it is right on the mold joint.

Just hope you did not try scraping it off or anything to do damage.

All 4 of my LBKs has that dark area. As stated it is just where the plastic has doubled over

Yep it is just the plastic fold over form when the lbk's are made, I think they all I have it. All 3 at my house have it. :cheers:

Shi---t, I wish you guys would have told me earlier about this. The first 3 lbk's had this problem and I thought the(replacements of they were bad or went bad after the first couple of fermentations in them so I disposed of them and ordered 3 more from Mr Beer. Again after a couple of batches in those I noticed the same things. Again I disposed of them and now that my 3 newest ones (replacements of the last 3) and I have only used them one time each so far, and in looking at them, they have that bubble at that same spot as you guys describe. $90 later i find out I threw away 6 good LBK's...well piss-s me off