Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
full_too_pale

Pilsner concerns.

Yesterday I opened a bottle of my Grand Bohemian Czech Pilsner. I made this one with 2 LME's, it was in the keg for 20 days, and 15 days in the bottle. When I opened the bottle it made the carbonation hiss or sound, or whatever you want to call it, but there was zero head and zero carbonation, AND it was very very cloudy. When I bottled it, it was really clear. I just opened this one early to test it, but now I am really concerned. However, it did have a lot of flavor, just zero carbonation. So I just need to wait this one out, and all will be well??? And why is it so cloudy now, when I bottled it was clear?? I use the 1 liter PET bottles, and 2 and 1/2 teaspoons of sugar priming. Thanks.

When you add the priming sugars, you get the yeast going again. That's why you leave it alone for a month. Gives it time to carb and clean.

Just make more beer so your not in such a hurry to try these too soon
[attachment=14037]image.jpg[/attachment]

Just make more beer so your not in such a hurry to try these too soon
[attachment=14038]image_2013-06-30.jpg[/attachment]

give 'em another 15 days in the bottle @ 70* If you used the supplied MR B yeast it is an ale yeast and goes to sleep in the frig. After that time put a bottle or two in the frig. Let them sit in there for a couple of day before drinking. The reason you beer is cloudy is because the little guys are not done doing their thing for you yet. Brewing is a game of patience, that is rewarded!!

[attachment=14045]graphics-beer-737871_2013-06-30.gif[/attachment]

Ditto. Simple fix for this problem is another week or 3. A hard firm bottle is a great indicator that its priming. However thats not the key to when its ready.

Been following your posts, your close.

That patience is a real kicker....

"Photon Brewing" post=383202 said:

Ditto. Simple fix for this problem is another week or 3. A hard firm bottle is a great indicator that its priming. However thats not the key to when its ready.

Been following your posts, your close.

That patience is a real kicker....

that is why you have to brew all the time that way you will have so much in your pipeline you forget what ya have

"full_too_pale" post=383136 said:

So I just need to wait this one out, and all will be well??? And why is it so cloudy now, when I bottled it was clear??

Yes, all will be well in time (assuming you had the bottle tops as tight as you can reasonably make them).

There is something called chill haze that might be making them cloudy, but I don't actually know much about it other than hearing the term.