Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
Gymrat

Public service announcement

Aw cmon..I clicked on the community drain pipe choice. How did this get in MUGS?

I don't go off and leave my dogs on the 4th; every one I have had freaks over fire works and thunder.

People may think I am not sociable but I won't leave my home if I know a member of my family is going to be terrified while I am away.

People are not supposed to set off fire works in the city but there is always someone who will and you do not know where it will land.

I'm sure there are folks on here that do it but I live with a guy in a wheelchair; we can't get out of a burning home in seconds.

+1, Brewbirds. I never go to the July 4th fireworks. My Lili would be OK but Ryley, no. And people around here set off firecrackers all. night. long. I put her thundershirt on her and put lavendar oil on her head (both suggested by the vet) but I always end up turning on the bathroom fan and she gets in the tub and sleeps off the benadryl I give her. But I have to sit on the commode seat or she follows me in a panic. She's high maintenance but I sure love her. She's even more precious since God and the oncology vet healed her brain tumor. I'm not about to lose her to fireworks, for goodness' sake.

I fake them out by going to the annual Tattoo at the Air Force museum the week before July 4th. The fireworks are better there, anyway.

Ralph is not at all afraid of fireworks. But I have found them in my yard and I dont want him hit by one.

Most dogs don't care for the noise, I keep mine inside but maybe I should give them a beer to calm them down. No, I will drink the beer and just pet them

We always stay home with our Boxers on the 4th. They dont like the noise and fortunatly in our little town we live close enough to sit out bsck with a home brew and watch the fireworks show and yet far enough away that they are not to loud. The problem is the idiots with the illegal fireworks and bottle rockets in the neighborhood.But no beer for the dogs altough they do like my home brew .

my dogs don't like fire works but don't mind it comming from the tv so i plan a war movie marathon every 4th to mask the noise. seems to work

My dogs don't care about the noise, but I'd rather they did not get set on fire by some moron.

let'salsobecarefulwithfireworksastheycanblowyourthumbsoffandthenyouwon'tbeabletohitthespacekeywhileyou'retyping.Thatcanbeveryannoying!

After the last couple of summers and wildfires in Colorado - I always staqyed home on the fourth and watered the heck outta the yard, trees and sometimes even roof. Stayed up late because even though there could be active wildfires and bans - idiots always can be counted on to only think about themselves and their own fun.

Now I am on the east coast - it has rained almost every day, is humid as hell and I cannot imagine anything being able to catch fire in this sauna like environment. That said - all our furry kids will be indoors and I am going to send notice to the renter of colorado house (no pets) that they may want to water the yard excessively regardless of any restrictions - just in case.

Cheers
jeff

Duncan doesn't like the fireworks. Fortunately, he's an indoor cat, and he'll most likely just hole up in the basement or a bedroom. Poor thing, though. He gets really confused and upset by all the noise.