Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
twyjad

tastes like cider

I would guess it needs to condition longer ... But more info for the Borg is helpful!
What recipe? How much priming sugar at bottling? How long did you let it ferment in LBK?
How long did you let it sit at room temp. after bottling? What temp did it ferment at?
What temp did you let it sit at after bottling?

"twyjad" post=384245 said:

Why?

Uhm, you made the MrBeer cider recipe?
Lionsfan is right, the more information that is given the better we can help you.

Click on your name. You'll find old posts. One of them shows you bottling 12 days ago. Same thread where you acknowledged that it needed to be in the bottle for 4 weeks, you were referred to an earlier thread of yours where you were told the same thing, and you were told how to make a thread a favorite so you could easily find it in the future because you said the info was a blur when you first started.

http://community.mrbeer.com/forum/8-new-brewers-and-faqs/377326-day-4

Forum members offer great advice to make good beer with the Mr. Beer system. If you don't follow the advice and rush things, you get lousy beer.

My recommendation would be to mark threads as favorites and write things down. But if you can't wait the 49 days that it takes for most batches, you probably won't have success brewing beer.

This is like posting: My car won't start. Why?

Symptoms, man, we need clues as to what you did that screwed it up.

(Yes, that's right. 98% of issues with home brew are the direct result of something the brewer did wrong.) As RB said, "If you don't follow the advice and rush things, you get lousy beer."

My guess with limited info you gave (i.e none) is that you fermented for a week and the bottled it and stuck it in the fridge for after one week. That would produce a green beer that's nowhere near ready to drink.